1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Cold Air at Passenger's Feet

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 06:27 PM
xanthl
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cold Air at Passenger's Feet

The passenger’s side of my 2000 Durango has a vent which let’s in cold air and blow derectly on their feet. For the life of me I can not figure out how to close it. This causes people riding in the seat to get cold feet while the rest of us in the car burn up from the heating system. Aside from stuffing the vent with an old t-shirt, I can not figure out how restrict this air flow. Is this a common problem or is my car unique? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-21-2006, 12:50 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Cold Air at Passenger's Feet

I have a 2000 Durango and never heard or is aware of this feature? Where is this cold vent exactly located?

Old 11-21-2006, 04:58 PM
xanthl
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is not vent per se...The air just seems to come from the space directly behind the glove compartment. The force of the air flow is directly related to how fast I am going. I hadn't thought about this till just now, but this summer when I ran the AC I saw some condensation drip onto the floor board from the same location. That’s probably related somehow.

Old 11-21-2006, 05:27 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would have it checked, seems like you have a breached firewall and or some opening or crack in the duct work that exposes to the outside enviroment that should not exist.

Quick Reply: Cold Air at Passenger's Feet