1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Blinkers and Radio intermittent

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 06:21 AM
aeroeng
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blinkers and Radio intermittent

I have an 01 Durango with most of the power options. I have been having problems with the radio, cigarette lighter and blinkers going out on me when it get's hot (being in phoenix doesn't help the situation). I can get them to come back on (usually) by smacking the sterring wheel. I pulled the column cover off and checked the harness that connects with the plastic box on the left side, but didn't find anything. It seems to be coming from insude that plastic box. Anyone have ideas or similar problems. Do those modules (not sure what it is called) have problems...? It is driving me crazy!!!

As a side note, when I was checking out the wiring, it looks like the previous owner cut a yellow wire that goes into the same place and spliced in what looks like a plug to disconnect the wire. Is that the airbag wire? Thanks...

Old 07-29-2004, 04:07 AM
rockadaous
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Blinkers and Radio intermittent

found this today. might be a good start.

-----------------------------------------------------

Electrical - Multiple Systems Inoperative

NO: 08-10-98
GROUP: Electrical
DATE: Mar. 13, 1998

SUBJECT:
G202 Ground Diagnosis

MODELS:
1997-1998 (AN) Dakota
1998 (DN) Durango

DISCUSSION:

Inspect the G202 ground connection when multiple electrical complaints are encountered, such as the following:

Blower Motor Inoperative
Power Door Locks Inoperative
Dome Light Inoperative
Chime Inoperative
Keyless Entry Inoperative
Cigar Lighter Inoperative
Power Outlet Inoperative
Console Lights Inoperative
Radio Inoperative
Overhead Console Inoperative
Instrument Cluster Gauges Inoperative

The G202 ground connection uses the same bolt that secures the right and left lower instrument panel to the side cowl panel (Figure 1). After verifying that the mating surfaces of the ground connections are good, re-torque both right and left lower instrument panel bolts to 28 N.m (250 in. lbs.).

Quick Reply: Blinkers and Radio intermittent