1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

1998 fuse/circuit problems.......

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 01:24 AM
kingbeloved77
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 fuse/circuit problems.......

Hey all,
This is my first time here, but I figured if I could get help it's gotta be from a forum like this.
I own a '98 Dodge Durango and just recently have started having problems with my widnshield wipers.
I checked the wiper fuse and of course it was blown. I changed the fuse but the wipers were acting funny, however they were working.
A little while later the fuse blew again. Now I can't put a fuse in it at all or it will blow, went through about five fuses to finally figure this out. I know there must be a problem with the circuit, but is this something I could take a look at myself before going to a professional or should I just skip ahead to what may be the inevitable and take it to a mechanic. If this is something I can do myself what can or should I do? Any advice is welcome. Thanks for your help.

Old 12-02-2006, 04:52 AM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 1998 fuse/circuit problems.......

Have you had any work done on it recently? I have pinched a wire on one occasion and blown out my tailights/blinkers/hazards. If you have had work done recently I would inspect it to make sure you don't have a pinched wire.

Old 12-02-2006, 12:23 PM
kingbeloved77
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you mean electrical work or engine work? Where would this pinched wire be? Either way I haven't had any work done recently. This all came up out of nowhere. The only thing I did do was change my wiper blades during a snow storm. The blades were wiping, I was headed to the store to buy new ones, then they just quit, the fuse blew. Needless to say it was an interesting trip the rest of the way to the store. Like I said when I replaced the first fuse the blades were working, they were just acting weird, pausing when they weren't suppose to or stopping at the top. Not knowing much about electrical systems, is there something else electrical that could be causing this problem?

Old 12-03-2006, 12:57 AM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not that I know unless there is also a relay, sometimes they go out slowly. I meant any work where a wire could have been pinched but thinking about it that probably isn't it since it failed slowly. Only thing I could think is if there isn't a relay is the wiper motor might just be bad.

Quick Reply: 1998 fuse/circuit problems.......