1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

CEL CODE

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 03:02 AM
TomG
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEL CODE

MY CEL Light is on in my 99 durango. I heard there was a way to retrieve the code by turning the key back and forth.

Anyone know exactly how to retrieve the code? and once i get the code where can i look it up to see what needs to be replaced.

Thanks
Tom

Old 12-02-2006, 04:49 AM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: CEL CODE

Well Tom there is a way but it is only for 2000 and newer models. I would suggest taking it to your local autozone they will check the code for free. If you have any questions about the code once you get it checked just let us know.

Old 12-04-2006, 02:22 PM
rus_bro
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mean,

i got a 2003 w/ the light on as well.. what is the way to check the code that you were speaking of??

thanks

rb

Old 12-04-2006, 02:31 PM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cycle the key to the on position and then off 3 times on the third time leave it in the on position and have a pen and paper on hand to write down your codes (they come up on the odo.). There is an announcement at the top of the forum to check your code against and find out what the problem is. once you get it fixed you can either unhook your negative battery cable to reset the code but it also resets the PCM or you can go to auto zone and let them read it as well and then have them clear the code.

Quick Reply: CEL CODE