1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

durango won't shift...

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 10:40 PM
durangoslt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default durango won't shift...

hello...i purchased a 2000 durango slt today and when i got in to drive away,the check engine light was on and the transmission is staying in 2nd gear.the dealer didn't seem to think it was a big deal.they said they serviced the tranny and there may be air bubbles in it.they messed with it on the scanner for a few minutes with no results.they clear the code but it stay's in 2nd and the light comes right back on.now for my question.should i just ask for my check back or is this really no big deal and they should able take care of it?
thank you...

Old 12-05-2006, 04:35 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: durango won't shift...

ORIGINAL: durangoslt

hello...i purchased a 2000 durango slt today and when i got in to drive away,the check engine light was on and the transmission is staying in 2nd gear.the dealer didn't seem to think it was a big deal.they said they serviced the tranny and there may be air bubbles in it.they messed with it on the scanner for a few minutes with no results.they clear the code but it stay's in 2nd and the light comes right back on.now for my question.should i just ask for my check back or is this really no big deal and they should able take care of it?
thank you...
Are you serious? Of course return the entire truck ASAP. A new trans is going to cost you $2000+ and should not be acting up at all, much less day 1 when you bought it. Bubbles = BS. At the dealer... and they let you drive away only in 2nd gear?! It is more than likely already trashed.

You can't be serious?!

IndyD

Old 12-05-2006, 05:38 AM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get a Durango at a more reputable place these guys are lower than dirt to try and pull that on you, cancel the check!

Old 12-06-2006, 03:48 AM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Same problem happened to me at 30k miles. Fixed under warranty. Governor Actuator switches went out.

Quick Reply: durango won't shift...