1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

2000 noisy and rough ride

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2003, 04:33 PM
Redsox
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 noisy and rough ride

Any one have a durango that rides smooth like an SUV should........I've put new shocks on and still feel every bump in the road any ideas......Also....Man Do I get noise in my front end....at first there was a clunk and a creek with every bump....(put on new shocks , Front end) the creek is still there A tech told me that its the bushing where the sway bar connects........any ideas on how to fix it with out replacing them.....the tech greased them worked for about a month .....its back again. Sorry to go on with the noise descriptions like a midas commercial but I don't have the best knowledge of parts...I'm learning as I go....after the last snow I took my durango out of 4 wheel drive and now I have a chirping sound (again front end) that increases in rapidness (gets louder) the faster I go......sounds like its got to do with the wheels, when I stop it stops...nothing while it Idles.........Last but not least.......Passenger side door lock sounds like a horn.....Sorry for waisting everyones time but if anyone has any ideas I'm becoming broke and Clueless.</P>

B</P>

Old 12-20-2003, 05:02 PM
got skis?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 noisy and rough ride

Hmmm... </P>

As far as the 'creek' sound in the front end when you go over bumps... try lubricating the bushings with Tri-flow. They are probably dried, worn out and need to be replaced. Lubricating them will buy some time (and be cheaper too).</P>

Everytime after it rains or after a few months of driving mine does the same thing. Squeak, squeak as I roll down the street (speed bumps are the worst!).</P>

</P>

Quick Reply: 2000 noisy and rough ride