1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Infinity speakers

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 01:36 AM
Haplucki
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Infinity speakers

got a 2000 durango slt with the 5.9 litre and the infinity gold sound system. Heres my question all the speakers just took a @#$%. What is a good replacement that will work with ht ebiult in amp. Or is replacing the whole system a better choice.

Old 01-11-2007, 07:20 PM
cstradling24
Default RE: Infinity speakers

I used Kenwood speakers from Best Buy with it for about a year. I just recently by passes the stock amp with my after market head unit and it really didnt make a huge differnce. The stock radio with after market speakers will be a little quiter though. Thats because the stock speakers were 2Ohm speakers and most(almost all) aftermarket speaker you would buy at best buy and such will be 4Ohms. Its not a big deal though. I doubt you will mind unless you REALLY like loud music, like me : ). Oh and by the way, I had the infinity speakers also. They IMO are poop.

Old 01-12-2007, 02:41 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Stock infinity speakers are paper and not real good over time (5 years or so). Regular Infinity's like the Kappas are great and built to a totally different spec that the stocker. This topic has a ton of info on it in the forum. Do a search and you'll find all the info you need.

IndyDurango

Old 01-12-2007, 08:18 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For the tight budget people that cannot afford replacement speakers, you can try going to;

Main site: http://www.simplyspeakers.com

Direct Link in their site talking about the foam surround replacement: http://www.simplyspeakers.com/2doityourself.htm

Most Infinity OEM speakers that go out is the foam surrounds. As long as your voice coil and cone is still in good shape, that website sells surround foam repair kits so you can get your OEM speakers working again. The price is $26.95 a pair including S/H

Old 01-13-2007, 01:56 PM
Haplucki

thanks for your help

Quick Reply: Infinity speakers