1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Rear wiper no worky.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 12:16 PM
DuckDodger
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear wiper no worky.....

My rear wiper does not work, the washer fluid function works but the wiper will not move. Any suggestions to what would cause it and how to fix would be appreciated.....

BTW 2003 D

Old 01-13-2007, 01:39 PM
MAGIC84
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rear wiper no worky.....

Dodger, Sounds like it could be a rear wiper motor The pump I believe is independent of the motor although both electrically driven. Unless it is something obvious but overlooked (hey it happens) Check for blockage, obstructions etc... I would say check fuse but if the pump works, however there could be a chance of there being a separate fuse for the pumps and motor. Check both fuse panels, the one between the drivers door and instrument panel and the fuse block under the hood. Again I am not trying to insult your intigellence, just trying to rule out the obvious. Again...good luck... were all counting on you!!!!!

Old 01-14-2007, 07:44 AM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The pump is up front on mine but I think with the 01-03 D's they put the windshield washer reservoir in the back. Either way I don't think it's on the same circuit but is a possibility. I personally am thinking motor or a control arm is busted. Pull the inside of the gate apart and take a look...

Old 01-14-2007, 08:48 PM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Reservoir was in the back in the '98/'99. After that, from '00-'03, it is the same as the front with a hose pumping back there.

As for why it isn't moving, check your fuses.

IndyDurango

Quick Reply: Rear wiper no worky.....