Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 06:02 AM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Tire question ?

ORIGINAL: Bluedodge99

...Michelin french owned who also makes BFGoodrich
are just over priced and just make anyything ride like a cadillac or a lincoln...
You have something against the French or what? I say if they make a better tire go for it. I don't see them as overpriced (overpriced would mean that they aren't wotrth what you pay for) personally they are great tires. I had a lot of trouble in rain with my OEM Wranglers as well and after I switched to the BFG's I never had to worry about hydroplaning and could get home safely in all conditions.

Old 02-18-2007, 06:34 AM
Frankenstein811
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well....like the other guys here have said how much are you gonna go off road? If its gonna be a decent amount or you are looking for an aggressive look, I would say go with the BFG T/A KO or you can go with Durango AT or DurangoXTR by Dean Tire Co.a generic company for Cooper Tires. Here's a link to check out the durango tires http://www.deantires.com/us/en/ltTruckSegment.asp, I just got the durango AT and Im liking it so far. When I start my upgrades, I think I'll go further with the durango brand.

Old 02-19-2007, 10:39 AM
datbigdodge2

Hey thanks guys for all the help!

Old 02-20-2007, 03:29 PM
uniquestylz

I would get the pirelli scorpian atr. Probably the best tire you could put on the durango.

Old 02-25-2007, 02:57 PM
JJ67RS

Hey I just recently put on the New Goodyear wrangler silent armour. I bought them at the beginning of December, and have put just under 4,000 miles on them. They ride really well. They have a kevlar band in them that makes them really quiet. With all of the windows down you can barely hear them, and they are a really aggressive tread. I have had them in snow, a little bit of mud, and some really deep puddles. You should see how much water these things throw from a deep puddle. And I have no complaints yet. They also have a 30 day trial period if you dont like them. On top of all that, because they are goodyear's top of the line aggressive tire(excluding the MTR-those are for extreme off road), and they are supposed to be tough-they come with two years (2) of ON-ROAD & OFF-ROAD service. So if you get a flat They come change it for you for free...If you get stuck in the Mud they pay for you to be winched out....
Bye the way if you had Tires that were rounding out, it doesnt matter what brand they are. you need suspension work or an alignment. And I have had Firestones in the past super hard rubber, they were the worst I had ever owned especially for wet weather traction and snow. Good luck with the tire shopping. Jay

Old 02-25-2007, 07:50 PM
PJ2

Never had good luck with Good Year. Over priced and left me disappointed. BFGs are very good, I am running Uniroyal Cross Countrys. Got a good review on Consumer Reports and I do little off roading but am exposed to a lot of snow and rain. They are holding up nicely. GOt them at BJs in the 265/70r16 for 100 bucks a piece with a coupon. Plus rotate is free and is done while I shop.

Old 02-25-2007, 11:13 PM
cableguy1224
Veteran

I got the6 ply TOYO OPEN COUNTRY in a 265/75/16 yesterday, I love them, this is my second pair I have owned
I got them at Les Schwabs for $705.22 out the door, But I did get a little deal too

Old 02-26-2007, 01:13 AM
MAGIC84
All Star

You have something against the French or what? I say if they make a better tire go for it. I don't see them as overpriced (overpriced would mean that they aren't wotrth what you pay for) personally they are great tires. I had a lot of trouble in rain with my OEM Wranglers as well and after I switched to the BFG's I never had to worry about hydroplaning and could get home safely in all conditions.

Yeah, What he said, My Michelins are probably the best I have had in a longtime, French, British, Austrailian, Asian, if they can make a good quality product then so be it. Remember after the sale, is where the fun begins, make sure you check the pressure, rotate and align at proper intervals, and they will take care of you. My Bridgestones before this recent set lasted well above (10K MILES) above what the manufacturer expected them to, mostly to checking pressure and inspection. One final side note, if you purchase tires filled with Nitrogen make sure during the pressure checks if servicing is required use Nitrogen, Nitrogen is Drier, and more stable with cold/heat differences.

Old 02-27-2007, 09:07 PM
HeavyD
Professional

I had the Michelin LTX and loved them over the goodyears. but I never went off roading with them. THey are mostly a highway tire

Old 02-27-2007, 09:47 PM
Chris
Record Breaker

BFG T/A KO. I will never buy another tire for on/off road. They are a great handling tire for the road in most conditions, and unbeatable by any other "All Terrain" tire out there. They have allowed my 2wd Dak do things that I never thought possible with a 2wd.

Quick Reply: Tire question ?