1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

headlight

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 09:13 PM
psiino
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headlight

Hello everybody, I'm a newbie and need help. I have 01 durango and the passenger side headlight is out. To get to the headlight i have to take out the airbox to do it. how do i remove it?/ or is there another way of getting to the headlight.
thanks phil

Old 02-20-2007, 09:16 PM
psiino
Default RE: headlight

I have 01 durango, the front passenger side headlight is out. how do i get to the blub to change.
thanks phil

Old 02-20-2007, 09:21 PM
ganzhimself
Professional

Do you need to remove the airbox? I doubt it, because I didn't need to do that in my 98... Anyway, if you look at the front of the engine compartment you should see a cutout, and the headlight bulbs are accessable through the cutouts on each side. Theassembly turns andpulls out of the lens. Remove the old bulb from the plug andswap it with a new bulb. Do this for both sides. If you can't do it yourself, go to the local WalMart with anAuto Centerand they will replace the bulbsfor you if you buy the bulbs.(At least my local WallyWorld does)

Old 02-20-2007, 10:47 PM
psiino

I see the openings to get to the bulbs, the problem is the passenger side, has the air box in front of it. there is plastic tube coming from the airbox to the fender that is blocking the blub.

Old 02-21-2007, 02:30 PM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Open the airbox up and find all the screws. Then pull it up and out if you really want to go that route. I did my headlights without taking it out though...

Old 02-21-2007, 02:32 PM
Mean Green
Champion

Open the airbox up and find all the screws. Then pull it up and out if you really want to go that route. I did my headlights without taking it out though...

Old 02-21-2007, 04:27 PM
psiino

Headlight update, I got them out. had to take the airbox out, but once i did it was easy.
thanks mean green!!

Old 02-23-2007, 03:31 PM
Mean Green
Champion

Not a problem.

Old 02-25-2007, 02:14 PM
JJ67RS

Not to be a jerk or anything, but after hearing how all you people changed your headlights reminds me of that Joke from the movie Tommy Boy. The one about looking up a bulls *** too see if its got a good T-bone... watch the movie, youll see what Im talking about. That was just about the most *** backward way to change our bulbs. Too much aggravation, extra dismantling, and scraped hands on small holes with sharp edges. All you have to do is Remove the 2-3 torx screws right below the headlight, and the whole thing comes right out. Could have both done in about 5 mins....by the way, while your in there, I recommend switching to the Sylvania Silverstar ULTRA's. They are the brightest you can get, you wont be dissapointed.

Jay

Old 02-26-2007, 04:28 AM
Mean Green
Champion

Yeah you can go that route but I did mine the other way and I found it very easy. It took me about 10 minutes but I did mine in the middle of the night after work because I can't wait to add my stuff when it comes in the mail. I was tempted to put my hitch on another night after work too but I thought better of it and took it to a buddies shop to get it on the lift the next day.

Quick Reply: headlight