1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Flowmaster baby!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 12:18 AM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Flowmaster baby!

ya, in about a month of driving your muffler will have its "break in period" I dont know what breaks in, but it will get louder and sound better now you should get your wife to get in the D and giver goin by the house. then you will know what it really sounds like. my truck always sets off my neighbours car alarm too. I like it when I get home at 3am. his car always says hi to me

Old 03-22-2007, 12:28 AM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just took my buddy down the street in the D and when I did a u-turn I hit it and broke loose and got some smoke which has never happened for me so I guess I didn't lose any low end grunt. After I got back home I had my buddy give it some gas while I was behind it and it sounds great on the outside.

Old 03-22-2007, 01:16 AM
Dans01Durango
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought my D second hand and it came with a Flowmaster, Don't know what series cause I never had it on a lift. The sound was very loud cause I never had an aftermarket muffler installed before. My newborn son seems to like it cause he falls asleep as soon as we get going on the highway. I was wondering how much it would cost to replace the FM with an oem muffler. I'm not knocking any of you who like the FM, I just want something not so loud.

Old 03-22-2007, 01:28 AM
deerang
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it sucksfor me to leave for work at 5am. I usually park at the end of the driveway, or push the D onto the road (not too hard with a bit of a slope to the driveway). I'm glad I don't have to worry about sneaking into the house when I've past my curfew though, that would be pretty damn hard. My younger sister has been caught a couple times, but I'm past the curfewed stage of my life now

I found it hard to find a buddy to trust that would drive past me in the D beatin on it. A lot of them are a$$holes and I wouldn't trust. I know the first thing they'd do is a brake-stand. Even the guy I did trust to do it, did a brake-stand as he was pulling away from me. Something about a V8 that makes them crazy. They just don't realize what they're missing while driving their 4-banger imports

An OEM muffler would be a dealer-only part, and you'd have to call them for a price. I suggest looking for something after-market, but just quieter, like the 70 series or 50 series. I'm only assuming that it would be cheaper, and will be less restrictive.
for flowmaster products http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/mufflers.html
for sound clips http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/sound.html

Quick Reply: Flowmaster baby!