1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

selling my d.

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 03:01 PM
garrettc
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default selling my d.

my dad took my durango in to get a tranny rebuild and they said it needed almost 5k in repairs. including tranny and radiator (big suprise huh?) new ball joints, the auto. door lock relay switches i guess? only the driver's door unlocks, and it makes a weird high pitched noise when you lock or unlock the doors.....

since the repairs are worth almost if not as much as the actual car is, i was wondering how i could get the most money out of it as possible.....

Old 03-26-2007, 04:24 PM
ganzhimself
Professional
Default RE: selling my d.

Sell it as a parts truck, I guess. Or just sell individual parts. If the motor is good, that should easily fetch $900-$1200, depending which engine it is and how many miles it has on it.IfyourDurangois 2000-2002 you should be able to get the ball joints replaced for free under the recall... That will save you some money.

Old 03-26-2007, 07:35 PM
deerang
All Star

Damn thats sad to hear. I agree that parting out your D will be the best way to get money out of it. However it's very time consuming and can take quite some time before you find buyers and get a lot for it.

If you can find an auction that would sell it as is, or even a ****ty car dealership may take it. How bad is your tranny? Would it pass a test drive the dealer would most likely do before buying it off you?

Old 03-26-2007, 08:47 PM
2000RT

Garrett,
Sorry to hear the news. You could look at it this way. Could you buy a replacement car that you
would like as much for $ 5 grand that has a new tranny? Most likely you wouldn't be able to.
I would fix it and stay with the D unless there are any issues with your Engine. The Ball Joints
should be covered under the recall, as far as the door locks, use the key.

Best of Luck,

MC

Old 03-28-2007, 08:49 AM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go to another mechanic for the rebuildit sounds like a rip off to me and replace the radiator yourslef it is a SIMPLE task and book time is 2 hours for that so thats 2 hours less on your bill. Ball joints are under recall as stated for 00-02 models and if they already did them for you then they are simple to replace again. Hold off on the door locks and get it when you can...

Quick Reply: selling my d.