1st Gen Intrepid 1993 through 1997 Intrepids

Gauges, digital climate, overhead compass stopped working =[

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 02:13 AM
kswist24
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauges, digital climate, overhead compass stopped working =[

I have a 1994 dodge intrepid es. it has the keyless entry digi climate, overhead and stuff like that.

my problem is that the gauges, digi climate and, compass stopped working.
and the E brake light is on(but when i press the ebrake down a little bit i can see that it brightens a little). the car runs fine. alarm works too, no transmission problems either.
i had the car since april but had to do suspension work. and got it to work in august. i let the car run one night, and as i got back in the car with the heat on i revved the engine a little and was about to turn off the car. then i heard a little click and every thing i stated shut off. If anyone could help me, this would be VERY APPRECIATED!!!! =]]]] thank you!

i did replace the bcm with another used one from the junk yard from the same model with year and options, but it had a 3.3L instead.

but i reinstalled my old one.

Old 10-28-2009, 12:57 PM
kswist24

thanks for not replying to this... really. i do appreciate it. I need a car for the winter and no one can answer me any questions. awesome. You guys are smart =]

Old 11-27-2009, 12:39 AM
ralphael101
Rookie

Insulting those that may be able to help you is not smart on your behalf. We all have lives. We don't just sit on here waiting for someone with a problem. However, as long as I'm here I will attempt to help you. You don't say whether or not you checked your fuses. Usually thats the click you heard. You sound like you have some knowledge of cars. If it was the fuse, then you need to find out why it blew. Maybe some loose wires down by the gas pedal since you were revving the engine when it blew. I'm thinking your foot may have hit it. Check near the emergency brake also. Hope this helps you out. Please post what solved your problem so that others may refer to it later.

Last edited by ralphael101; 11-27-2009 at 12:41 AM.

Quick Reply: Gauges, digital climate, overhead compass stopped working =[