1st Gen Intrepid 1993 through 1997 Intrepids

96 3.3 intrepid not starting

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 10:15 PM
nitsud880
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 3.3 intrepid not starting

i have a 96 3.3 dodge intrepid, it has been good to me for the 2 years i have had it up until now, i was drove it to my parents went to leave an hr later wouldnt start, dad used to be a mechanic a long time ago. it was not getting any spark. we checked plugs wires and coil all were good. replaced the cam and crank sensor started right up. drove 5 miles and it started to kinda clunk and sound like it was pushing air out of some where then stalled making the clasic movie noises with clunking. no over heating or steam. started right back up and made it back to the house with the same noise. while driving it back it would go good for a little bit then felt like the trans would slip following a jerking poping clunk noise and stalled out once more. now the coil is not getting any power and now so spark. nothing seems to get any power from what my dad tells me, we bought an used pcu today but havent put it in yet i was just wondering if anyone had any tips just incase the pcu dont work

Old 06-08-2011, 04:28 PM
nitsud880

it was a pcm not a pcu, and it still did not work, i crossed a hot wore from the battery to the coil and it started, i replaced all the fuses and it started right up, drove it down the road and again it started to shutter and skip out . not sure if any one is even reading this but need help

Old 06-09-2011, 12:47 PM
kurts2
Record Breaker

Any ck engine light?

It sounds like the ASD circuit (automatic shut down). Try a new ASD relay.

Quick Reply: 96 3.3 intrepid not starting