1st Gen Intrepid 1993 through 1997 Intrepids

will a 2003 3.3 from a caravan fit into a 96 3.3 intrepid

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 11:36 PM
trife
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will a 2003 3.3 from a caravan fit into a 96 3.3 intrepid

i know this may sound crazy but i am very curious if anyone has taken an intrepid with a blown 3.3 42le and replaced it with a anniversary edition caravan 3.3 41te

my questions would be:

would a 3.3 from a caravan bolt up to a 42le trans in an intrepid ?

what kind of mess would be involved in the harness ?

would there be some messing about for the engine mounts exhaust & different intake design?

i know the intrepid egr is off intake with a vacuum diaphragm and the caravan is digital so would computers need to be swapped with harness ...or would it be easier to switch everything possible to the old style intrepid ?

i am just thinking i like the caravan engine better...but hate the caravan platform and the 41te trans as it is a dud ...and well i happen to have access to a 3.3 2003 from a caravan ...and access to a 96 intrepid with a bad 3.3 and 42le
41te good principle ...just weak trans for the vehicle im not much of a fan of the 42le either but i am looking for options of what could be done..

given the understanding of having an old style intrepid platform to work with in the end..call it the beginning of an apprentices first personal project and i am wondering if there is a will ...can there be a way ...thanks in advance for any info

Quick Reply: will a 2003 3.3 from a caravan fit into a 96 3.3 intrepid