1st Gen Intrepid 1993 through 1997 Intrepids

95 3.5 No start, intermittent fuel gauge and idiot lights not working

Old 01-01-2013, 08:34 PM
SilverRam_01
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 3.5 No start, intermittent fuel gauge and idiot lights not working

Hey all, my dad has a 95 LHS with the 3.5. When you turn the key on, sometimes the idiot lights won't illuminate, and the fuel gauge will not come up. When this happens, the car will crank, but not start. If you cycle the key a bunch of times, the lights will come on and the gauge will come up and it will crank and fire right away. Got codes for cam sensor and crank sensor, so I replaced them both. Also replaced the fuel pump. All to no avail. Cleared codes, and now I can't get codes or anything. Every once in a while, if you need to drive it you can unplug the cam sensor and try cranking it, and then hook the cam sensor back up and it will usually start right after that. I know its not an Intrepid, but I was hoping someone might know whats going on. Thanks!

Old 01-02-2013, 01:14 PM
kurts2
Record Breaker

It sounds like it might be the ignition switch itself... I say that because the lights and fuel gauge. One of the sets if contacts in the switch may be intermitant. If you have and can use a multi meter, you can test it.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:06 PM
SilverRam_01
Captain

Ok, I'm not much of an electrical diagnostic guy, but I'll mention it to the guy at work thats good with that stuff. Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 95 3.5 No start, intermittent fuel gauge and idiot lights not working