1st Gen Intrepid 1993 through 1997 Intrepids

93 Eagle Vision wiring troubles BCM TCM

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 10:31 PM
tcsonsworksaws
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 93 Eagle Vision wiring troubles BCM TCM

Hello gentlemen, I have a 93 Eagle Vision I am working on, and it's driving me nuts. This thing seems to have lost power to the TCM and the BCM. I cannot communicate with either module with my MODIS scanner, but can talk to the engine. All at once, it lost all but second gear. Well, reverse and second, that is. All the indicators for the PRNDL were on, but it wouldn't shift. Then the dash just quit working, no movement of any gauges at any time. The engine starts and runs well, but no shift, no gauges, and the climate control runs the blower motor on full speed and I can't turn it off unless I turn on the parking lights, then the blower stops for two or three seconds, and turns back on. If I then hit the off button, it shuts off. If I turn the parking lights back off, fan comes back on and I can't stop it. No interior lights either. No chime.

I am suspecting that I have lost power or ground to the BCM at least, if not the TCM too. But I don't have a shop manual for the wiring on this car and can find NOTHING on the internet. Couldn't find much in this forum archive that pertained to my situation. Any thoughts?

Recently replaced CMP, CKP and key switch for unrelated issues. Also worth noting, there are a few wiring harnesses at the right firewall by the coolant bottle, and when I wiggle these with the engine running, it will idle up a few seconds, then come back down. Can't pinpoint which wire is doing that, and seems to have no other effects. Has done this for a year or better, since I've had this car. I'm a diesel mechanic by trade, so I don't know Chrysler cars very well at all. Any advice is appreciated, and thank you in advance!

Old 03-28-2014, 11:20 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Those 2 big connectors you're talking about get corrosion in them sometimes. Disconnect them, clean the terminals and see what happens.

If you're close to Tennessee, I have a 93 Vision i'll sell ya (:

Last edited by TNtech; 03-28-2014 at 11:22 PM.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:16 PM
tcsonsworksaws
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I'll try that. But no thanks on selling me your 93, I'm not close to TN and one of these nightmares is enough! LOL

Quick Reply: 93 Eagle Vision wiring troubles BCM TCM