1st Gen Intrepid 1993 through 1997 Intrepids

1997 dodge intrepid

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 12:35 PM
jake846
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 dodge intrepid

I recently bought a 1997 dodge intrepid with the 3.5 motor. It ran decent in the beginning, but as I drove it, I noticed one day that it would bog out a little as I took off after stopping. It seemed like it was losing gas, but it did it very seldom. The same day it did that though, it shut right off as I was pulling into a parking spot at work. I let it sit there for about 8 hours until I got out and it started up just fine, but then it shut off again as I was pulling out. I let it sit for 5 minutes and then it fired right up. The next day, it wouldn't start up at all. It would just crank so I pushed it out back to my barn where it was on a slight hill and it would just start right up again. Not sure if the slight tilt had anything to do with it???? Made no sense. I drove it around for a bit, and the next day it wouldn't start at all, just crank. It's been sitting like that for a while now. I tried spraying starting fluid down the throttle body and having someone cranking it and that didn't work. I checked all fuses and they are good. Its getting spark. The cam sensor is new. I just need some help here. Please and thank you!

Last edited by jake846; 10-19-2014 at 12:41 PM.

Quick Reply: 1997 dodge intrepid