1st Gen Intrepid 1993 through 1997 Intrepids

1995 Eagle Vision esi 3.3 v6 - with auto temp. control.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 11:21 PM
SteveCL
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 Eagle Vision esi 3.3 v6 - with auto temp. control.

I replaced the compressor and charged up unit and ran if for some considerable amount of time, a year or more, no real problems. Then it started to act up, by flipping to high fan and toggling between fan and heat. I had the head control module completely replaced (the entire atc control panel) and also replaced the BCM (Body Control Module) at the same time. It was good module and made for an Auto Temp Control car. So no problems there and these changes worked fine again for a considerable period and then started to crap out again. i took the control panel out of the dash to check the wiring and connections. When i moved the wiring harness the system came back to normal only for a little while and then flipped back again to having no control. For a long time there i could press on the wiring connection on the back of the module at the conector going to the head unit and have the system work for a while. Well finally fate caught up to me and the whole system died, nana, nothing, left with old four sixty air conditioning in this sweltering heat. Well as the saga goes i bought and installed a new blower motor first. (and let me tell you that is no easy feat, removing the glove box on this unit doesn't help, beware!). With the new blower in i started to get life back and have control over the speed again of the blower and lights came back to the atc module, but like most sad stories this one is sad as well. Soon after getting false hopes that the problem was mostly fixed again the unit dies out, but, yes there is a but, before that happened i was able to get some diagnostic codes first, 31 and 36. 31 was indicating the recirculation and the 36 indicated a connection problem where else the Head connector. I ordered a replacement head connector board and am going to see how that affects the unit all together, i am also expecting that i should replace the blower motor resistor as well, even though the unit was working on all speeds? That is my question if any, would you also replaced the resistor if it gave you the indication it was working once the blower motor was replaced? I need to get back and forth to the VA for doctor appointments and in this heat with no fan or air conditioning in the car it is next to impossible. Anybody with any viable ideas or solutions will be welcomed.
steve.loving@live.com

Quick Reply: 1995 Eagle Vision esi 3.3 v6 - with auto temp. control.