1st Gen Intrepid 1993 through 1997 Intrepids

96 intrepid 3.5L radiator fan

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2003, 05:41 PM
cbcampbell
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 intrepid 3.5L radiator fan

I am having trouble (i think)with my radiator fan. When the fan turns on, it sucks air from the engine towards the radiator. I would think that a radiator fan would go the opposite direction, suck air from the radiator and blow it towards the engine. However, from messing around with my engine, I've noticed some strange things with this car, so I'm not putting anything past Chrysler. If my radiator fan is blowing the correct direction, I just need a reassuring nod from someone. Otherwise, I need help knowing how to make it turn the right way. Any help would be muchappreciated.

Old 12-15-2003, 01:19 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 96 intrepid 3.5L radiator fan

All front mounted engines or radiators are designed to flow air through the radiator from the front of the car to the rear. If it were to push or pull(depending on which side of the radiator that the fan is on) from the rear to the front then the fan would be working against the air coming into the grill. At freeway speeds, with the fan pushing the air out the front and the wind coming in the opposite direction, the air would be stalled and the car would not be able to cool off and the engine will overheat. Only mid-engine or rear engine cars with the radiator in the rear push or pull the air through the radiator away from the engine, but it still flows from front to rear.

Quick Reply: 96 intrepid 3.5L radiator fan