1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Engine restricted??

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 04:24 PM
prplhaze
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine restricted??

Hey guys, I've been having this weird problem lately.Seemed to go away for the most part lately, but still comes back once in a while.When I go to accelerate sometimes the engine sounds much louder and throatier than normal.When it does this its also incredibly slow.After messing with everything I could think of one day.I ended up getting mad and taking out in a parking lot, I put it in first and floored it.It was slow going all the way up untill around 5k rpm, then ll of a sudden it broke free.I went into second and it took off fast as ever.

Some of my thoughts are clogged injectors, oil in the intake manifold, or crappy gas.What do you guys think it sounds most like.? I have 175,000 miles on the engine and have never done anything with the injectors.I took off my cai and seen that my throttle body valve was dusty dirty, and there appeared to be a little bit of oil in the intake.Not sure if thats normal.I do beat on it sometimes.. Any thoughts, opinions on this are appreciated as always.

Old 04-02-2007, 04:35 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Engine restricted??

Clean your TB.

Old 04-03-2007, 03:43 AM
neonracer1010
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Engine restricted??

if your injectors are dirty, put about a cap full of, xyol its pronounced zylenne not sure on the spelling though, in your gas. it seems to clean them right up in other vehicles.

Quick Reply: Engine restricted??