Problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 02:34 AM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems

98 dodge neon 76,000 miles on it

well first off my windshield fogs over horribly and cannot resolve this i tried the rainx stuff and it was a waist of 5 dollers isnt much but still a waste

but when my windshield does start to defog (a little bit so i can see through a hole in the fog) moisture condensates on the windshield which untill today i figured it was just the moisture but then i took a windex towel thing and wiped it and it turned out to be green the same color as the coolant (radiator Fluid) and i looked at my floorboard and there are wet spots on each side (driver And Passenger) so i looked under the dash there is a green drip coming down.
anyone know what i messed up???

and where is the speedo sensor i have a little idea but dont know i just really hate not haveing a speedometer it sucks!!!

hey go check out my neon it needs alot of work but i love it and its way better then my old ford tempo

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2544647

Old 04-12-2007, 02:43 AM
neoncrazy101
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Problems

first off, welcome.

now then. to fix your speedometer try this https://dodgeforum.com/m_179505/tm.htm

with the coolant, i've had that happen to me before that the coolant was coming through the air vents. and it was just my radiator cap came off slightly and it somehow made it way through the heater. but i also had smoke coming through my vents and scared the crap out of me.

Old 04-12-2007, 02:51 AM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

Dude Same With Me But Its A Daily Thing and My Cap Is On Very Good But it sound like the same problem

thanks for the speedo thing but i already did that and it caused a bunch more problems the cluster wouldnt come on when i shut the door and it would make a buzzing noise and a red triangle came on so i got a differant cluster. and still no speedometer. but i just bought another cluster this time with a tach and it only has 42,000 miles on it so it should work but if its not my cluster then how do i fix it cuz i dont want to have to pay someone for something i can do.

let me know

Old 04-12-2007, 02:58 AM
neoncrazy101
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

first time i ever tried the cluster fixed i blew all the fuses lol. so i just got one at 60k and its already beginning to do it again but anyways. i assume u still have the check engine light. i would check that to see if its anything (cause if the speed sensor is the problem then it would/should show up). if you dont know how to check then just do this. turn the key onto the on position (but dont start it at all) and go off-on-off-on-off-on and keep it on. the check engine light will flash the code numbers like this (flash flash flash flash flash, pause, flash flash flash flash flash. that code is 55 which means no errors found). its like morse code almost. so you would count all the flashes, then there would be a pause then flash again.

my cap was on pretty good too, but it ended up that one of the sides like came bent out so it was steaming out (even though it was tightly on and didn't move at all).

Old 04-12-2007, 03:50 AM
NEONRT98
All Star

You have coolant spraying on the inside of the windshield and coolant on your floorboard?? Sounds like your heater core went out! You can try getting some of the stop leak stuff, but personally I would just replace the core... its going to be a PITA to get to because its behind the whole dash! I just had my entire interior ripped apart and never saw my heater core... but thats what it sounds like is a heater core... my Taurus did that when it went.. not pretty

Old 04-12-2007, 10:38 PM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

Yeah alot of people have said that and now that someone that has experienced it is saying it i believe it.

thanks Neonrt98and thanks neoncrazy101ill check out the test thing

Quick Reply: Problems