1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

power distribution center

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 02:09 AM
jaybb101
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power distribution center

i have a 95 dodge neon. i recieved this car used and are not sure where two thick wires are suppose to hook onto and what the purpose of them is. there are two wires coming from the red/positvie battery cable that is hooked to the battery. there is one green wire and one red wire. they are both hooked up to the two bolts on the side of the power distribution center. the red wire connects to both of the two bolts and then green wire is only connected to the bottom bolt. the wires have broken off and i need to replace these two wires. is there a need for these two wires going from the positive terminal on the battery to the power distribution center or do i only need one of the wires. my car will not start if there is not a wire going from the positive terminal to the power distribution center. do i need both of these wires and what is the purpose of them?
thanks,
jason

Old 04-16-2007, 01:26 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: power distribution center

Probably wires for an amp or stereo.

From the positive terminal, you should have 1 wire that goes to the PDC and one that runs to the starter. From the negative terminal, you should have 1 wire that grounds the starter and one that grounds to the body.

Quick Reply: power distribution center