1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

wont start

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 02:59 PM
pssssst
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wont start

ok... recharged the battery and push the clutch down just like any other time i start it, turn the key and absolutely nothing happens..... pull my headlight switch and it gives me a 1/4 tank more gas and 1/4 more heat on my engine... radio wont work now... wtf just happened?????

Old 06-19-2007, 04:25 PM
neonracer1010
All Star
Default RE: wont start

check fuses. didyou have the battery out for a period of time or was it dead for a while, doesthe motor turn over, ifit doesjustkeep turning it over for a while,or try and put some eather in the t/b butbe carefull doing that, if noneof that works thenturn the key to the on position and listen toward the back seat and listen carefuly if u can hear any humming like sound. your fuel pump could be bad.

Old 06-20-2007, 12:25 AM
pssssst
Veteran

okay... so my friend tried to jump it and we got it to make a click noise... but it clicks once and then nothing... ordered a new starter relay for it but wont get it til tomorrow.... could that be the problem??? it looks like its a little toasted on the terminals [&o]

Old 06-20-2007, 04:40 AM
protivakid
Veteran

Check fuses. I have blown a fuse before that controls my parking lights and also controls my gas gauge and dash so when it blew my side markers and turn signals go out, dash shuts off so I can no longer see my speedometer or anything and my gas gauge goes to E and the light comes on. Good thing it was only a fuse.

Quick Reply: wont start