1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

new turbo project

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 06:31 PM
halfhemi96
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new turbo project

got this turbo for cheap and wanted to put it in the neon,thing is ive never done somethin like this,so will this turbo work??and other than lots of tubin wat else do i need,im doin this al custom, in the engine bay,so any help will be awesome,this is it, Super T3 "45 " Trim Stage III .48 - Brand New Turbo
[ul][*]45 trim (21lb/min)[*]2.36" INLET DIAMETER[*]2" OUTLET[*]WET FLOATING BEARINGS[*]1/8 NPT OIL INLET[*]FITS T3 AND T3/T4 MANIFOLDS[*].42 A/R COMPRESSOR[*].48 A/R TURBINE[*]T04B TURBINE WHEEL:[*]EXDUCER: 1.91"[*]MAYOR : 2.48"[*]COMPRESSOR WHEEL:[*]EXDUCER: 1.86"[*]MAYOR : 2.36"[/ul]

Old 07-05-2007, 03:56 PM
halfhemi96
Rookie
Default RE: new turbo project

any help?wuld be awesome if i could get a list of goodies,i already read the stickys and read ups,none can help me,this is a custom project,

Old 07-05-2007, 10:00 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so its just the turbo???
in that case you need a manifold, high flow fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, fuel line, customize fuel pump for a return line, intercooler, intercooler pipe, map clamp, oil lines, coolant lines(if needed), and plenty of other stuff

Old 07-06-2007, 01:54 PM
halfhemi96
Rookie

yes all i have is the turbo.but im not to literate on turbocharger specs,will that turbo spin enough for our motor??and i know im goin with rising rate fuel regulator,the exhaust manifold i hope to do myself??intakes a different story??im bending all piping cold and hot myself,so il proly need help with that,the things im not familiar with maf clamp??fuel pump return line??

Old 07-06-2007, 01:57 PM
halfhemi96
Rookie

arent you from illinois?ive read up your build and like to see it someday?ever hear of central street scene??you should take it to the one of the cruise ins we have?

Old 07-06-2007, 10:11 PM
spudsterier
Legend

yeah im from about 2 hours north of peoria....but i haventheard of much from down that way.....with my work schedule, i dont really have to much time to do anything that isnt within a 30 minuite drive from me...
if anyone ever wants to see the car, they are more then welcome to come on by and check it out.....its not much right now though

the return line is easy, but modding the fuel pump can be a bit challenging......go on google and type in spoolboy mod it will give you a pretty good idea on how it works

Old 07-06-2007, 11:00 PM
Aerorat
All Star

as far as bending the pipe i wouldn't unless you can do mandrill bends or it will cause turblance and you will be robbin yourself of horse power. This is the only thing i would gwt off of ebay, but you can get intercooler plumbing for about $100.00 +/- a few dallors.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-5-I...spagenameZWDVW
you can search for other kits to

Old 07-07-2007, 08:08 PM
spudsterier
Legend

i got my intercooler pipe kit off of ebay.....after using all the pipe i needed, i still had almost half the kit left

Quick Reply: new turbo project