1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Stock exhaust piping

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 10:17 PM
thaguamanian
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock exhaust piping

I've noticed that modern performance has two resonators... 2.25 and 2.5 inch. how would i know which one fits my neon??? I'm assuming that 2.25 inch is for the sohc neons and the2.5 inch is for the dohc neons..

I need some help. I got a ticket for excessive noise from my exhaust. I'm completely stock with a ebay exhaust and cold air intake and soon to havea megan header on soon. But before my court date, i wanted to put a resonator on my exhaust piping to HOPEFULLY reduce the noise no MINIMUM noise. I rather not replace the muffler because I plan on going turbo... someday.

so pretty much what i'm asking is if anyone would know from experience... if the resonator will reduce the niose from my exhaust. ??? and which resonator fits my 1997 dodge neon sport dohc.. ??? thanks guys!

Old 07-10-2007, 10:35 PM
Slashwannabe
Default RE: Stock exhaust piping

Where do you live? lol

I have a straight through glasspack and I started my car up next to a cop and it rumbles and he didnt bat an eye at me. My home made CAI was louder than theGlasspack I put on, I got rid of it because I was P'oed atnot being able to close the hood due to the extra height of myTB spacer with mycrappy rubber tubing.

Youcould put the resonator back on, I think that would help more for sound than the exhaust.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:40 PM
thaguamanian
Rookie

i live in las vegas, nevada. Yeah i'l probably get the resonator but i need to know which one to get... 2.25 inch or the 2.5 inch???

Old 07-11-2007, 01:44 AM
95neonriceeater
Record Breaker

all neons had 2.25

Quick Reply: Stock exhaust piping