Amp mounting

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 05:03 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Amp mounting

ok here it goes: ive been hooking up stereos for years so,
the size of the fuse in the amp has nothing to do with the watt output....i had a 2400 watt amp a few years ago that had 4-40 amp fuses

yes run the power wire from the battery directly......seeing as your amp has a 25 amp fuse on it, use a 25 amp fuse in the power line.....
if you have a stock radio, then you wont be able to use your amp.....being that you wont have a remote wire or an rca output....

on the amp....if you like alot of bass at a low volume, then use the bridge configuration, if you only want a little thump then just use one channel, being you have a 4 channel amp you can basically hook the sub up to any channel....we will do this easy, say you only want a little bass, hook the positive speaker wire to the top left terminal on the amp, negative wire to the terminal just to the left of the positive....then you will run you rca's from the cd player, to the middle white plug and the red one just below it....
if you dont want alot of bass:
when setting the bass, dont turn the radio half way up...figure out what volume is the loudest that you will probally ever listen to it at.....
on the amp,
turn the operation (a) switch to mono....dont worry about the operation(b)
set the input selector switch to A
set the filter to LPF
now....turn the sensitivity screw all the way down to MIN......now with the radio to the loudest listening level you want, slowly start turning the screw up until you get to the point where the bass is as loud as you want it.....if you dont find that point without the sub making a burping sound, then you will have to bridge the amp.....
let me know if i missed anything, if i made you feel dumb or posted anything you alredy know, then just ignore it since i have no idea how knowledgable you are....if you need any more info or if i missed sumthing then let me know

Old 07-28-2007, 07:12 PM
Dr_KY
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats brilliant. I have just returned ( it's 12;30)from the working mens club for a birthday party and i'm a bit hamerd. I will print, read and digest this tomorrow at work/
I have an JVC radio. where is the other wire supposed oto connee to the amp only turns on with the head unti,?

Old 07-28-2007, 07:14 PM
Dr_KY
Professional

I want to feel the bass.

Old 07-28-2007, 08:10 PM
spudsterier
Legend

the blue wire on the radio (remote or power antenna wire) will hook up to the right port on the power portion of the amp......power wire on the left...ground in the middle.....remote on the right....

if you wanna feel the bass then you will wanna bridge the amp...use the speaker terminals on the amp that are labeled "bridged"...top left positive...skip a terminal....second from the right, negative
operation (A) switch position to L+R
adjust like i said in the last post

Old 07-29-2007, 02:40 AM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

ok here it goes: ive been hooking up stereos for years so,
the size of the fuse in the amp has nothing to do with the watt output....i had a 2400 watt amp a few years ago that had 4-40 amp fuses
thats weird i went to an elite audio shop and i asked them how do i know how many watts my amp is actually puttingout and they said take the size of the fuse and add a zero and that should tell you therms your ampis putting out... not the peak power which would mean you had a 1600 watt rms and a 2400 at peak

Old 07-29-2007, 09:04 AM
spudsterier
Legend

i think they were full of b.s.
my amp was 2400 watts rms and 4000 peak.....it showed too

if that were the case, then an old PPI amp i used to have didnt have any fuses on it....does that mean the amp was a 0 watt amp???
orion used to have a huge HCAA amp......used 6-40 amp fuses....but was only rated at 1 watt....

i have a pioneer amp out in the garage that could probally fit in your pocket its so small.....it has 1-30 amp fuse, but there is no possible way this amp is 300 watts.....i believe its rated at a peak of 100watts

Old 07-29-2007, 09:38 AM
Dr_KY
Professional

Sweet I'll install it after work tomorrow.
Thanks again for all the advice.

Quick Reply: Amp mounting