1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Neon Troubles

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 10:37 PM
Sillyman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Neon Troubles

I have a '95 Dodge Neon Sport with the 2.0 L single overhead cam engine. Recently I have been experiencing a stall out when driving home from work ( it is about 35 miles), but only when the ambient temperature is 90 degrees or higher, and when I am within 5 miles of home. After the stall-out, I need to let the car sit for about 10 minutes, and it is fine the rest of the way home. What I have tried to remedy the stall-outs are, checking the fuel pressure, checking for spark, When the incident occurs, I have checked to make sure the timing is correct, and it is. the check engine light never lights up when this is happening either, and it is not consistant. It may be good for 3 or 4 days, or even a month, and I don't have any problems with it. But it may also do it every day. I am hoping someone might have some suggestions of what I can try to take care of my little problem. Please!!! Someone help me out.

Old 08-13-2007, 04:36 PM
FrankHtown
Default RE: Neon Troubles

I experience the same problem with my 96 neon when ambient temperatures are over 90 degreees. It will start missing, especially at high way speeds, then everntually stall. I let it sit about 5-6 minutes, and it will start right up, and, depending on its mood, run ok, or stall again after about 10-15 miles. I do get a check engine light, and code p0351, primary/secondary coil, but I don't believe it's the coil. It is intermittent, and only on hot days, and then only after driving a while. From September to June, I have no problems at all with the engine. I'm considering an exorcism.

Old 08-13-2007, 05:28 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion
Default RE: Neon Troubles

Coil pack will do that.

Old 08-16-2007, 09:19 AM
edhebbeler
Default RE:starting problems

I have a 2000 neon and when you turn the key nothing happen is there anyway you can run and test to check the starter.

Quick Reply: Neon Troubles