1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

post pics of audio systems

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007 | 01:12 AM
neonracer1010
All Star
Default RE: post pics of audio systems

hey aero, what you know bout inverting subs???

Old 08-20-2007 | 07:33 AM
spudsterier
Legend

ORIGINAL: Aerorat

ORIGINAL: spudsterier

those l7's sure owuld sound a heel of alot better faced at the rear of the trunk...and that center one facing up is being canceled out by the other 3......if you had only 2 of them in there facing the rear it would be a hell of alot louder then all 4 of them
Nope this box sounds like crap facing the rear and no the two centers do not cancel each other out. I have been to many schools for this. if you look closely the bottom center sub is raised in the rear.
im not saying they would sound better facing the rear in THAT box....but a different box....
and i couldnt notice the center one was rased until you mentioned it

Old 08-20-2007 | 08:42 AM
Aerorat
All Star

ORIGINAL: neonracer1010

hey aero, what you know bout inverting subs???
Usually, you loose SPL and SQ when you invert a woofer. But if you invert it, make sure to wire the woofer oppositely. As in the negative post from the woofer goes to the positive output post on the amplifier, and the positive post on the subwoofer to the negative post on the amplifier. About tthe only good thing inverting the suds do is you can make the box small because the aera that the subs take up is now free.

Old 08-20-2007 | 08:54 AM
Aerorat
All Star

ORIGINAL: Aerorat

those l7's sure owuld sound a heel of alot better faced at the rear of the trunk...and that center one facing up is being canceled out by the other 3......if you had only 2 of them in there facing the rear it would be a hell of alot louder then all 4 of them
Nope this box sounds like crap facing the rear and no the two centers do not cancel each other out. I have been to many schools for this. if you look closely the bottom center sub is raised in the rear.
im not saying they would sound better facing the rear in THAT box....but a different box....
and i couldnt notice the center one was rased until you mentioned it
This a SPL design and is the best design for the hardest hit, clear tight bass.

Old 08-20-2007 | 12:55 PM
spudsterier
Legend

well thats nice....i just have always hated subs facing inside the car....especially with the seat down

Old 08-20-2007 | 01:15 PM
Aerorat
All Star

well thats nice....i just have always hated subs facing inside the car....especially with the seat down
the seat are not in the car yet. I am putting bucket seats from the front in the back (right now being recovered)
but there is one thing I don't understand why have them firing to the back of the car. I have been taught by some of the best and I never told to aim the subs to the rear other than for the looks or easier access for show. Besides bass is nondirectional. That is why you hear a car audio systems bass way before you hear the mids and then the highs

Old 08-20-2007 | 01:26 PM
spudsterier
Legend

facing them to the rear has always alowed for a harder hit in my cars.....facing them at the trunk allows for the point of impact to be loser to the speaker then if they face the front of the car....the closer the point of impact, the harder the hit......the trunk has less air volume to compress then the cabin of the car....the less air the speakers hve to compress, the more sound you get out of them......same reason your subs would have alot harder hit in the trunk of your car rather then sitting in the middle of your living room

Old 08-20-2007 | 01:45 PM
Aerorat
All Star

was just testing ya
but if you do face them rearwards do not face them like so l l but more like l / because the first will cause ...........

Old 08-20-2007 | 02:06 PM
neonracer1010
All Star

you mean face them like [_\
??

Old 08-20-2007 | 04:17 PM
Aerorat
All Star

nope
back of trunk l / is front of speaker box l /