1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

interior fabric

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 12:38 AM
luckycharms
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default interior fabric

i took the fabric off the back like where the rear speakers are and am thingking about replacing it with vinyl any suggestiosn on how to do that

Old 08-16-2007, 03:52 AM
DOHCgarrett t3
Record Breaker
Default RE: interior fabric

why?

Old 08-16-2007, 12:31 PM
luckycharms
Rookie

cuase it was crappy and there were little like burn holes in it and so i fiqured if im gunna replace it i might as well replace it with a color to match the rest of the stuff in the car

Old 08-17-2007, 07:58 AM
DOHCgarrett t3
Record Breaker

i see. well save the piece and if you want to vynil you will have to cut speaker holes and pug grilles over them.get a piece of vynil that you like that will fit over the old piece. cut it about 2 to 3 inches larger than the piece that came from the back originaly and wrap it over use a marker or something that you can erase or wipe off if your going to mark on the side that shows or the best would be the back side that you wont have to worry about erasing it. once you have the basic shape you want and it cut to size use some little clamps to hold it where you want it and glue it down i would say hot glue gun normaly but if you do that make sure its high temp glue cause in the summer inside temps can be high. so not sure if the hot glue will hold or not. but i guess once its in place it wont matter much.
I know none of this makes sence but at least it gives you an idea of how to do it.

Old 08-17-2007, 01:13 PM
luckycharms
Rookie

thanks yeah i didnt have a hot glue done so i used that spray adhesive glue for fabrics seems to have worked fine

Quick Reply: interior fabric