1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Seeking advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 12:28 PM
Knorlan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seeking advice

Hi everyone,
I am the proud single owner of a 97 Dodge Neon. the car has seen better days both inside and out, but after 195,000 miles and getting hit 5 times it still runs great. I drove the car off the lot with 4 miles on it(put those on it when i test drove). I plan on keeping the car but I'm looking for advice on how to build it not for racing persay but to regain some of its old performance and to fix some body and interior things. Its hard finding parts for this car and not spending an arm and a leg to get them. ( If i want new anyway) I have a few things i need for the car that seem to be impossible to find; head liner board, new guage cluster, and a few more odds and end. Any site you all can recommend to find partsas well as some advice to make this thing run better than it used to would be appreciated.

Old 09-01-2007, 04:15 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Seeking advice

new motor

Old 09-01-2007, 04:19 PM
justinsanders
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ yea i agree wit spud. and as far as the cosmetic work i would go to your local junkyard.

Old 09-01-2007, 04:22 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maybe not a new motor, but a lower miles motor.....that would give it some life again
i was at the junk yard the other day and there was a 95 sohc 4-door sport there that got hit on the side..only wanted $400 for the car but the motor looked like new....only had 62,000 miles on it...
anyways, if you check a few yards then im sure you can find sumthing nice

Quick Reply: Seeking advice