1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Problems again!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 07:44 PM
RiceBoy_88
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems again!

I tried to find my old post but cant find it. I still have a bad miss, I changed the o2 sensors plugs and plug wires what else could it be? It only misses when you gently press the gas peddle. I put the o2 sensors in and reset the computer and it ran fine for a little bit then it started to have that miss again,and iam gettin code 12,and 51 if they help.

Old 10-27-2007, 10:51 AM
turboplz
Default RE: Problems again!

Code 51 means that the fuel system is too lean. Could be a number of things. When was the last time you changed your fuel filter? Have you tried running any injector cleaner through the car? If you have a fuel pressure gauge, take that out and plug it in at the Schraedar valve on the injector rail and monitor your fuel pressure, it could be your fuel pump is on the way out. You can also remove the injectors and soak them in B-12 Chemtool which can be found at Autozone which will really help to loosen up any crap there might be in them.

Another possibility is your TPS(Throttle Position Sensor). A lot of times when these go bad they'll send false voltage readings to the ECU and therefor either too much or too little fuel could be added.

I would start with the fuel filter and get a fuel pressure gauge that will screw in to the Schraedar valve. A running lean or running rich code is always a PITA to solve as a lot of times it's just not as simple as replacing the o2 sensor.

**Also, code 12 just means that the ECU was reset recently(when you reset it).

Old 10-27-2007, 09:28 PM
RiceBoy_88
Professional
Default RE: Problems again!

Well monday night ill have to try that stuff to see if it will work cause I really need this car.Its a good running car just I can't seem to get this problem fixed.Also it hasnt done it lately but it use to rev up on its own and then go back to normal idle right away,and once in awhile when your driving it will jump like you pushed the clutch in and let out on it really quick.When it does that jump my sel light will go out for a split sec then come back on.Dunno if any of that will help but thats about it. Thanks for all of the input.

Quick Reply: Problems again!