dual side exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 10:43 PM
mulletman11
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dual side exhaust

on my 99 r/t the cat is bad
i have a high flow cat from mangnaflow and as long as im changinf that i wanna put a new exhuast on
both me and my dad are good at welding and we have all the tools, so i wanted to get some opiions on this.
after the cat i wanna branch 2 pipes, one the each side, then two of each of those and chrome the tips and set the exhaust ends right b4 the tires?
opinions? its completly legal for pa and clearance issues wont be a problem.

Old 10-28-2007, 11:03 PM
kris95neonspt
Professional
Default RE: dual side exhaust

I know the srt guys have a one exit exhaust on the drivers side and the reason for that is because the fuel line runs on the pass side and could cause the car to catch fire but thats just what i heard and don't know if it true or not. Maybe one of the other guys on this fourm could tell you if thats true or not.

Old 10-29-2007, 04:04 AM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

i thought about the same thing but just dual on one side and have it molded into the side skirt i think that would look tough but idk

i like the idea

Old 10-29-2007, 05:24 AM
HabitatHxC
Captain

yea a fellow srt driver had this and he wrapped the one going out the passenger side with heat wrap and stuff. Its all in what you want to do!

Old 11-12-2007, 11:44 PM
dcmcguy
Veteran

i think that would look cool, but it wouldnt sount that good i dont think....it sounds much better on a v8

Old 11-13-2007, 08:44 PM
tranyinstaller
Professional

if u ran a large enough collector it would sound alright, but still clearance would be an issue. i thought about doing just what ur talking about till i got the car up on the lift at my work. the pas. side has like no room to run the pipes. especially if u intend to lower the car like u were saying on ur other post. i ended up using a good old cherry bomb glass pack upstream and ending the tube just to the inside and rear of my tire on the driver side. you dont see any pipe out the rear ( which i kinda like). also its loud as hell. the only bad thing is that i dont have any flex tube in there, so when i hammer the throttle my exhaust hits the floor. also i guess it doesnt help that the exhaust runs through a tight space between my frame brace and the channel. the frame brace much like my entire exhaust also of my own making : )

Quick Reply: dual side exhaust