1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Well, I got a Mitsubishi TE3/4 Turbo!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007 | 10:02 AM
Slashwannabe
Default Well, I got a Mitsubishi TE3/4 Turbo!

Today I bought a Mitsubishi TE3/4 Turbo today from a guy down the road and he sold it to me for real cheap it has absolutly no problem with it.

I decided to use this Turbo because of the Almost non existant low end lag which will help heapswith my Auto Transcompared to the Garrett, So I am officially putting the Garrett Turbo on my Hemi! and the Mitsu on my Neon.

I am in the midst of making my own Turbo manifold which should be complete and on the car by the end of the week!.

Old 11-02-2007 | 12:20 PM
Jellysrus
Rookie
Default RE: Well, I got a Mitsubishi TE3/4 Turbo!

well i hope that every works out on that let me know how it goes that might be whats in store for mine
[sm=redx.gif]

Old 11-02-2007 | 02:01 PM
hnda8r
Captain

Auto trans?? Why dont you convert it to MTX?[>:] Well if you stay ATX I hope you get the shift kit, cause if you put on that turbo, yes its might help with the low end but it wont change the shift points. The shift points in a ATX sucks!! Trust me I had one.

Old 11-02-2007 | 06:08 PM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: hnda8r

Auto trans?? Why dont you convert it to MTX?[>:] Well if you stay ATX I hope you get the shift kit, cause if you put on that turbo, yes its might help with the low end but it wont change the shift points. The shift points in a ATX sucks!! Trust me I had one.
ATX all the way, The Turbo eliminates the need for theMTX option, just got done replacing the Auto Trans. As for shift points you can change them slightly by using the adjusting screw at the front of trans, it adjust how long kick down lasts and if I was in a real race and worried about shift pointsI'd shift the auto manually. I'm saving the MTX for my 2 door Neon, and whenI do go MTX in that Neon it wont be a Neon trans it will be a heavy duty Mopar 4 speed sitting behind my turboHemi, I'm not showing any mercy with the next Neon I build up as you can tell. I've had my 331 Hemi since I was 12 and I wont let it sit without a car any longer...lol did I mention it will be turbo'ed as well?

I have to adjust the bands a bit on my autocuzit shifts into 2nd at 49mph when it used to shift at 58mph, not a big deal but it was reason enough why a Cavalier hadstayed with me longer in a race than he should have.

Old 11-03-2007 | 03:05 PM
neoncrazy101
Champion

a Mitsub turbo works on our Neons?

Old 11-03-2007 | 03:20 PM
GrApHite03

any turbo will work on your neon with the correct manifold...

Old 11-03-2007 | 03:39 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

How exactly do you plan on doing a turbo on that hemi? You will have to go with fuel injection then, carbs dont do well with turbos...

Old 11-03-2007 | 04:07 PM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: Jr. Mechanic

How exactly do you plan on doing a turbo on that hemi? You will have to go with fuel injection then, carbs dont do well with turbos...
I have seen some carburated Turbo applications but Fuel Injection is nice for smoothness of operation, If I decide on Fuel injection I could use a system off of a fuel injected 1990s360 engine as far as computer and electronics, the earlyhemi and 360 have same fireing order,hemi can accept small block mopar electronicsand they havesimilar block and crank designs. Theearly Hemi is the basis for thesmall block mopars design with a couple refinments.Only mods I would need to do would be drill out my intake for the injectors and misc sensor mods. I'm sure it will be a little more in depth than that but I welcome the challenge. They also sell fuel injection kits for them

Quick Reply: Well, I got a Mitsubishi TE3/4 Turbo!