1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Fuel Pump problems!!!! HELP PLZ!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 06:06 PM
theklue
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Pump problems!!!! HELP PLZ!!!!

I have a 96 neon SOHC that I have been having some problems with. The fuse for the ignition ( fuse box in the cab, not the relay box) keeps blowing. I have replaced the fuse about 5 times, with the same result. The fuel pump now with a new fuse will NOT turn on. I have heard that it could be the 2nd O2 senor wires that run over the pass. axel. Check wires, taped and zip tied to the frame....fuel pump still not turning on. I do think now that the fuel pump is fried. I took the fuel line off at the motor and cranked it over, no fuel came out of the line. I just wanted to check with some people before I went out and spent $200+ on a new fuel pump .

Also I read the sticky thread on the gage cluster, about the gages not working. My problem is a bit different. On the back to the cluster there are prongs that plug into a peice on the dashborad. The connection there is what is lose. Any advice on how to fix that? I have tried a few different things. It seems to work for about a week or two and then back to the way it was. Haha got to love these cars.

Thank for any help
Toney

Old 11-25-2007, 07:18 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Fuel Pump problems!!!! HELP PLZ!!!!

jack up the back of the car and remove the plug that connects to the top of the fuel pump....run a wire from the battery and another from a ground, touch it to the 2 outter(i think) wires.....if the fuel pump kicks on, then your problem is electrical

Quick Reply: Fuel Pump problems!!!! HELP PLZ!!!!