1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Alarm Problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 02:38 PM
95greenneon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm Problems

I'm having a problem with my alarm system and I was hoping that maybe someone here had some information about this problem.

I have a 1995 Dodge Neon Highline with the original Dodge Mopar EVS II alarm system that was installed when I bought the car brand new. I have had no problems with the alarm system for the past 13 years and now all of a sudden it's not working correctly.

Whenever I press unlock on the keychain transmitter, it sets the alarm off. I have to press lock again to shut the alarm off. If I try to open the door manually with my key, the door opens, but it sets the alarm off. I can shut the alarm off by pressing lock on my keychain again. When I putmy key in the ignitionand turn it to start the car, it sets the alarm off and the car won't start.I have to take my key out of the ignition and press lock on my keychain again for it to go off.When I press the valetbutton, it sets the alarm off.It seems as if anything I touch other than the lock button sets the alarm off. And sometimes the keychain is non-responsive. I have replaced the battery in the keychain several times now so I know it's not an issue with that.

Has anyone had a similar problem or know how this can be fixed? Is there a way to disable the alarm system? When I press what is supposed to be the disable button it has no effect.

Thanks.

Old 11-29-2007, 04:52 PM
neoncrazy101
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Alarm Problems

wow i didn't even know that Neons came with alarms from the factory. the only thing i have is, is the battery good in the transmitter?

Old 12-01-2007, 09:13 AM
Dr_KY
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Alarm Problems

It needs to be reset by the dealer. You may have to buy a new fob from an aftermarket dealer as they are o loner available from Dodge.

Quick Reply: Alarm Problems