1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

ATX TB & CEL

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 08:46 AM
fsu182
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATX TB & CEL

i swapped to an atx tb on my mtx. after about 100-200 miles or so I would geta CEL that came back as the throttle posistioning sensor reading the wrong voltage. my battery went bad a few days later. the car would only drift start (had to park strategically till i could get another battery.)

dunno if the battery had anything to do witht the CEL or not. but i swapped the battery. the light went away, but just like before 100-200 miles later got the CEL again w/ the same code. but the car started just fine after that.

bought the tb on ebay and it didnt have cruise. so a couple of 1hr and a half trips to college later (every tuesday and thursday) i got sick of the CEL and not having cruise control. and switched my tb back to the original.

CEL went out around 100-200 miles later and has stayed off since. sucks not having the power, and im pretty sure i could add the cruise piece to the other tb, but is there something screwed up with it that it gives me a CEL?

Old 12-13-2007, 01:47 PM
12 volt
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ATX TB & CEL

but is there something screwed up with it that it gives me a CEL?
i would say that the one you got off ebay has a bad throttle posistion sensor.

you can also remove the throttle shaft form your MTX with CC and swap it to the ATX one so you can hook up your Cruse control. i belive you have to remove a snap ring from under the TPS sensor the two screws from the throttle valve and swap the shafts

stuff on throttle springs
https://dodgeforum.com/m_954020/tm.htm