1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

wiring harness disassembly

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 10:43 AM
jfink
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring harness disassembly

does anybody know how to remove the wires going from the ignition coil wire harness back to the pcm harness??? need to replace the primary wire its causing ignition problems??

Old 12-19-2007, 05:39 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker
Default RE: wiring harness disassembly

I would just cut the harness about 6 inches away from the plug to the pcm and then just solder and shrink tube new wires and tape them up the normal harness and then cut the plug to the coil about 6 inches back an solder that into the new wires...I wouldent try to unwrap all the wires and take them out. I did that to my wifes Civic to do a wire tuck and I had blisters on my fingers from tearing the tape off the wires within 20 mins and the damn glue wouldent come off my fingers for days...

Old 12-19-2007, 06:10 PM
jfink
Veteran

i've tried solder and wire connectors the problem keeps coming back so the next step would be to replace that whole wire by disassembly. took some of the tape back and the power wire going to the igntion coil has two other wires tied into it farther back, so forget it, i'll just tweak the wires each time it acts up.

Old 12-19-2007, 07:42 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker

thats what i told you to do replace the whole wire from the plug that goes to the pcm to the plug that goes to the coil pack...

Old 12-19-2007, 08:59 PM
jfink
Veteran

its a little more complicating then that. if you follow the wire it splits up. one goes from the pcm to the coil and another ties into that from somewhere. so i'm just gonna leave it alone since it only acts up about once a month if that. to much work for right now

Quick Reply: wiring harness disassembly