Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Merry Christmas

spud what kinda carb is,

Old 12-26-2007, 06:15 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have no idea....its the size of a softball, gas goes in, and thats about it....
ive got it sitting in parts in the garage

Old 12-26-2007, 08:25 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

So do you have the carb and it just need rebuilt or you dont have a carb period?

Old 12-26-2007, 10:59 PM
spudsterier
Legend

i have the carb, it would have just needed a rebuild but when i was taking it apart i broke off a screw inside....so im just trying to find a whole nother carb for it....one that works good

Old 12-26-2007, 11:11 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker

well ended up takeing back the craftsman rachet set my wife has got me 2 years in a row...lol and got a set of craftsman racheting wrenches, craftsman multi-meter that also does temp. so i plan on shoving the sensor in the cai and seeing how cold it really is. and a craftsman 3 ton jack, and a craftsman 15 pieace screwdriver set and a craftsman cell phone holder i noticed at the checkout stand for 2.50. so yeah all in all im happy.

Old 12-27-2007, 01:04 AM
spudsterier
Legend

the best ratchet wrenches are made by gear wrench.....the spring inside is so much lighter and the gears use smaller teeth....which alows you to use them on barely finger tight bolts....unlike the craftsman ratchet wrenches...
i spent about 20 minuites one day explaining that to a sears salesman...then he was just like, oh. i guess your right

Old 12-27-2007, 01:50 AM
Aerorat
All Star

I got my lambo door hinges put on and by the way thx spud your pics helped out a lot. Install my custom 4 pod gauge pod on my dash but now i want to do it another way.but oh well thats the art of doing custom work don't quit until you satisfied

Old 12-28-2007, 03:32 AM
uta_flyinghigh

I got a cone K&N and an aftermarket muffler. Yay !

UTA

Old 12-28-2007, 10:21 PM
AJay
Veteran

i got a new cd player with a mp3 hook up...o and an mp3 player...

Old 12-29-2007, 02:20 AM
Slashwannabe

One of the coolest Christmas Gifts was the SNOW! now the trails are open and I can take out my 1986 yamaha SRV with a 535 2cylinderwhile he gets to take his main sled theZR1 800 Articat out for a spin...lol His 800 wipes my *** so easily but the Yamaha corners very good cuz its light and its easy to pull out of a snow bank compared to the articat.

Kind of a funny story....

The Yamaha he got for $50cuz the motor had spunthe main middlebearingon the crank shaft, well me and him one day2 years ago decided the sled was useless unless it ran so we took the engine up into his apartment and took it apart on the kitchen floor...lol and sure enough it was the main middle bearingshattered all over inside and so we cleaned the other bearings out and lubed em up and took the middle bearing totallyout and just ran it with the end bearings holding the crank and to this day that sled runs greatand has more than 1,000 miles on it since permatexing it back up and taking the middle bearing totally off. The thing has power too it can pick the ski's up pretty good onhalf throttle. What happenedwas the oil pump went out on it and starved the middle bearing first so now we just mix the oil with the gas to make sure its getting oil.Its funny I bet that crank shaft is just flexing like a **** without that middle bearing supporting it...lol Got 2 seasons almost 3 out of it and it will be 3 this year. It sounds so redneck the way we put this thing together but it works and it wasn't worth more than the $50 he bought it for.

I highly recomend Yamaha snowmobiles and Engines, I hit an ice patch last year andwent through part of a barbed wire fence and a patch of small trees with it at 80mph and all that happened to the sled was a small 3 inchdent from the fence post in the front of the sled and bent handle bars. I was very very lucky cuz it finally stopped once ithit 3 feet ofpowdery snow and I got thrown over the handle bars due to the quick stop and I weigh like 220lbs and I landed on a fresh blanket of 2-3 feet of snow with no injurys, I almost thought I was dead cuz I didn't feel any pain but the sled was still running and I got up and then tried to pull the thing out of the deep snow...lol. The only reason I was going that fast was tosee what it could do down a 2 milestraightaway and for top end and I got to 80mph and she hit alot of ice in a clearingwhere the sun must have melted the snow and I skidded off the trail and into the ditch. I'm never going that fastagain on a sled and on a possible icey trail.

Merry Christmas late to all

Quick Reply: Merry Christmas