1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

removing crankshaft sensor???

Old 12-29-2007, 10:13 AM
blondiez24
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default removing crankshaft sensor???

I was going to go through all the things that could be the leaking oil. I was just going to do the things from my other post, but Is there any speacial tools or procedures I have to do to get the crankshaft sensor out? Does it just pull out? Then how would I go about seeing if the cam seal is leaking if the crank sensor isn't the problem? Thanks

Old 12-29-2007, 10:34 AM
MadMaXxX
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: removing crankshaft sensor???

dual or single cam? alot of times the oil sending can be the cause of a rear leak....

try jacking up the front of the vehicle and putting stands under to prevent it from falling, take a flashlight and look just above the oil filter, thats where the crank sensor is, and about a foot to the left is the oil pressure sending unit... look around and give it a full look over is theoil coming from higher up? could it be a headgasket??

usually the crank sensor is 1 10mm bolt and a lock clip for the plug, then its just a lil twisting and pulling to get it out..... dont pry too hard you might break the sensor off in the engine which = a bad situation

if your oil sending unit it takes a special wrench to get it out

chris

Old 12-29-2007, 02:08 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: removing crankshaft sensor???

to get out the crank sensor, just remove the 1-10mm bolt and just wiggle it out....

if the cam sensor is leaking then you will see oil around or under the sensor

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: removing crankshaft sensor???