1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

WANTED stock srt exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 10:03 PM
justinsanders
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WANTED stock srt exhaust

if i get the rear section of the stock srt 4 exhaust will it sound like one? i just love the way they sound. also how hard will it be to make it fit on a 1st gen?

Old 01-17-2008, 10:06 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker
Default RE: WANTED stock srt exhaust

not really the srt's sound mostly comes from it being turbo... not hard to rig up... no mufflers though... in the rear section your talking about...

Old 01-17-2008, 11:03 PM
justinsanders
Captain

ok well i really want to completely remove my cat. it would have been done by now but im concerned about the o2 sensor after the cat. dont try to talk me out of removing it because i prolly will ne way but what do i do about that 2nd o2 sensor. i dont want a cel or for it to run rough. let me kno how to do this successfully thanks.

Old 01-17-2008, 11:17 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker

easy as pie sir... after removing the cat leave the downstream sensor in the exaust pipe cut the black wire and solder a 1Megaohm resister between the the black wire you just cut... this will trick the computer into thinking the cat is still there and functioning correctly not throw a code, and still adjust your a/f ratio... YOU MUST LEAVE THE DOWNSTREAM SENSOR IN THE EXUAST IT MUST BE HEATED. Some will tell you that the downstream sensor is not needed for a/f but it is...

option two get a mil eliminator...dont ask where to get them... basicly you just take out the sensor unplug it from the clip and clip in the mil eliminator...

option 3 and the most expensive is the AF/X race computer witch compleatly ignores the downstream anyways... however its expensive but will make you car fly*

*not literally

Old 01-17-2008, 11:24 PM
justinsanders
Captain

ok so where do i get a 1 megaohm resistor. also what is this mil eliminator you are talking about

Old 01-17-2008, 11:38 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker

the mil is like i said you unplug your downstream sensor and plug in the mil simple as that it sends a signal to your pcm that all is well... all the links that I could find on the mil are dead so you could maybe search around on google try neon mileliminator or dodge mileliminator. Sorry I'm lazy tonight....

you can get the resister at any radio shack for less then a buck... forgot to add its a 1 megaohm 1/4 watt resister...

Old 01-17-2008, 11:59 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you take off your muffler and put just the srt4 rear section on, the car will sound like major ***.....

in order to get your car to sound like an srt4 you will need run a turbo, srt4 catalytic convertor, 2 resonators, and no mufflers....

without a muffler your car will be really loud.....and if you take off the cat it will be even louder.....if you wanna know what it will sound like, put a big megaphone up to a weed whacer with no muffler....thats almost exactly what it will sound like....

if you wanna put the rear section on your car then you will have to do some trimming...and make some new exhaust hangers

i had the full srt4 exhaust (basically) on my r/t.....sounded bad *** in my opinion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDLjwjwdhvE

Old 01-18-2008, 01:20 AM
Captansavaho
Captain

i just took my car to the local muffler shop and he put a magnaflow resenator on it and its has the same sound the srt-4's carry i love it. then just have him run a Y pipe and boom you go to tips.

Quick Reply: WANTED stock srt exhaust