1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

-22 below out and Neon Still Starts! Amazing!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 03:09 PM
Slashwannabe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default -22 below out and Neon Still Starts! Amazing!

Today its so cold out that if I breath on my car it instantly turns to ice, wellI got in this morning and just touching my door handle my hand wanted to freeze to it, I got in and the starter just grunted like a Mule overloaded with Mexicans and it on the first try the Car started!. Very Suprised seeing last year it was -10 and I flooded it. Well I let it warm up for 18 minutes and when I got in the carthe needle didn't even move from the C position!, took10 minutes of driving before it moved up to operating temperature, yeah it was that cold out!. Now it warmed up to a toasty Minus 9 Degrees farenheight.

Nothings wrong with the car, just illistrating how cold it is! anybody elsehave a cold horror story?

Old 01-19-2008, 03:59 PM
hatchetman2590
Professional
Default RE: -22 below out and Neon Still Starts! Amazing!

yea last nite i was working on my neon in my yard and i accidentally left my hanes manual out there weel it rained then froze so i dont have a book anymore its a fozen pile of mush![:@][:'(]and went to go take a belt off and it broke in like 8 different places today so i said screw it lol

Old 01-19-2008, 11:30 PM
estneon
Record Breaker

ha ha suckers it's only 30-50 (i dont watch the news) out here...i feel bad for you guys...because im f-ing cold so it must suck where you guys are

and damn slash it's a dodge of course it started right up...i just spent three minutes watching a chevy trucktry to start and when it finally did...it stalled on a little dirtbump in the road then finnaly got a good start and drove off

Old 01-19-2008, 11:37 PM
neoncrazy101
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

last year my green 95' Neon with at the time had around 245k on it, the fuel pump went out on it a few days before Christmas and the car sat for about a month. and then a big snow storm came and my car was literally buried in about a 3 feet of snow from back to front. i finally was going to go start it to move it into the garage. took me half an hour to dig it out...and about 3 seconds to start it up. i was surprised that it started right up considering how long it sat, and how many miles were on it.

Old 01-20-2008, 12:36 AM
spudsterier
Legend

well ive got one for ya....it was about -15 degreeswind chill here this morning...actual temp was about -5...
i got in my car and started it up....had a few problems with it not getting warm enough..i suppose everything was frozen.....anyways,
i had my drivers side window about half way down and when i got out and closed the door, the window shattered....there wasnt much of a mess since the window had tint on it so it all stayed together.....so here i am at 8 am siting in my driveway putting a new window in my car.....im so glad i have extra parts

Old 01-20-2008, 01:51 AM
neonracer1010
All Star

that sux spud, now ur car'll look goofy as hell, one un tinted window, lol
that happend to my friends car but his had a rock thrown threw it, he decided to get them untinted cuz it was cheaper

Old 01-20-2008, 04:20 AM
uta_flyinghigh

Here the temperature was a nicey 17 degrees centigrade this morning. Now it's like 21ish. Bouahahaha.

UTA

Old 01-20-2008, 08:37 AM
hatchetman2590
Professional

well rite now it is around +27'F but the saddest part of it all is im in F-ing TEXAS!!!!!

Old 01-20-2008, 11:02 AM
spudsterier
Legend

ORIGINAL: neonracer1010

that sux spud, now ur car'll look goofy as hell, one un tinted window, lol
that happend to my friends car but his had a rock thrown threw it, he decided to get them untinted cuz it was cheaper
im just glad it wasnt the passenger window that shattered....you got the last one i had.....
i think im gonna take the tint off all the windows...or i might just wait til spring and tint the drivers one again

Old 01-20-2008, 01:28 PM
justinsanders
Captain

its about 70 degrees here in florida. so i have no stories

Quick Reply: -22 below out and Neon Still Starts! Amazing!