1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

I REALLY need some help here guys...

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 09:28 AM
raviaan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I REALLY need some help here guys...

There is .30 resistance from any ground, to any ground, until the positive battery cable is removed. Then there is no resistance once the positive battery cable is removed. Are you saying this much is normal, from ANY ground, to any ground? Also, the ASD relay energizes for about 1 second when the ignition is tuned on, then it denergizes and closes the circuit. Could someone please tell me which circuits I need to jump? Thanks again

Raymond

Old 12-15-2004, 04:34 PM
raviaan

Are you saying that: No matter what ground to what ground, even two points on the body of the vehicle, or two points on the motor, that I should read resistance.... and when I remove the positive battery cable, there is not a bit of resistance. There is something wrong with that... Another thing is, can somebody please tell me what terminals at the ASD relay to jump, I tried, and got no results, but maybe I am doing it wrong. My current theory is, that since the grounding system for the whole vehicle is shot right now, that the grounds running into the computer are as well, so the computer is not acting properly. I am going to try a few things later and post back...

Another thing is this, if I were to have shorted the battery, could I have possibly damaged the alternator, grounding it out? (I am going to remove the positive battery lead at the alternator later and check ground readings again.... ) but just a question...

RAymond

Old 12-15-2004, 10:24 PM
raviaan

Can anyone tell me the voltage's/pin layout for the ASD relay...? Is the DarkGreen/Orange line supposed to be grounded?

Thanks

Raymond

Old 12-16-2004, 06:13 PM
casper
Legend

The ground resistance is normal!!!!!!!!!!!! We are trying to help you and you keep going in your own direction. I would bet you $100 right now that its the PCM that is bad.

Old 12-16-2004, 08:39 PM
raviaan

Sorry I have been getting some other information elsewhere... but nothing else has worked, so I am going to replace the PCM... could you please tell me this though, what do you think I did in the process of replacing the head gasket would have caused me to blow the PCM? The car was running fine prior to that....

Thanks

Raymond

Old 12-16-2004, 08:55 PM
casper
Legend

That I don't know. I could guess that maybe you shorted a wire or something like that. But really its not much different than driving down the road and it going. Things just break sometimes for no reason.

Quick Reply: I REALLY need some help here guys...