1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

new prob with new car

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 10:08 AM
dougy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new prob with new car

i just bought a 96 dodge neon 4cyl 5 speed. and i just changed the starter in it. then i took it to work, and went to go out for lunch and the battery dies. the altinator i think went out, i got it home the next day, and it was smokeing where the altinator is. or the general area. i start the car from a jump pull the positive on the battery and it dies. imma take the altinator in to autozone to get it checked. but where is the fuse for the altinator. and if u think of anything else that could be wrong with it just let me know, its saturday 10:13 am as i type. and i need to get it done b4 or at sunday at 8:00 pm thank you for your time and please post ur ideas

Old 02-16-2008, 11:17 AM
jdl
Default RE: new prob with new car

If there are three wires on the back of the alternator. One should be the bat. terminal, hot all the time. If it isn't, there is a fusible link on that circuit, backtrack the circuit.

The other two wires, should be for the alternator field. the asd relay supplies voltage for that circuit. The dark green wire with the orange stripe should show B+ with the engine running or cranking as long as the asd relay is energized. The solid dark green wire, there should be a pulse on that wire.

Old 02-16-2008, 11:24 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker
Default RE: new prob with new car

the fuse is in the reqtangular box that is by your battery...

Quick Reply: new prob with new car