1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Need help with Heater core! steering column problem also...

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 01:25 AM
broken_neon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with Heater core! steering column problem also...

hey guys i am in the process of removing the heater core in my 96 neon. Ive read that this job is kind of tough, and i must say it is.. i know there are a lot of things to take off when getting to the heater core and the steering columnis in my way... i have disconnected all of the wires and the only thing that is holding me up. there is a cable going into the column and i am trying to remove it. there is a clip, ive tried pressing the clip down and pulling it out but for some reason it is not budging. there seems to be some kind of spring tension holding it in.. if there are any insightful thoughts please inform me asap.. i need to pull that heater core out! thanks

Old 02-25-2008, 01:57 PM
broken_neon
Default RE: Need help with Heater core! steering column problem also...

16 views and still no response? no one knows how to remove the cable that is connected to the steering column? there is only one cable. i see the clip from up top but when i try pressing it and pulling it out it wont move. if i look on the opposite side of the cable, there is a little yellow tab, does that have anything to do with it? in need of help ASAP!

Old 02-25-2008, 02:07 PM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

hmm i did this last spring and i didnt have any problems and i found it to be quite easy and ive never done anything with a car before, as far as your problem i would cut the wires then get those little tube splicers for when you put it back together.. only problem i had with mine was keeping track of the tools

Old 02-25-2008, 05:52 PM
neoncrazy101
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just gotta try. i think i know which one your talking about. is it yellow? if so its a little tight and you just have to get a finger up on top and then press in on the clip and then use the other hand to move it out. it was a pain and took some time for me but you should be able to get it out.

Quick Reply: Need help with Heater core! steering column problem also...