1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Code 43 - Please HELP......:-(

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 09:55 PM
BD_KRS
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code 43 - Please HELP......:-(

Hello to everyone again. I did get my Code 11 worked out. The timing did not skip a tooth like I thought had happened....what did happen was a bad Crankshaft Position Sensor. The sensor was good but the pigtail plug was shot. I replaced both the sensor and the pigtail plug. I also did the Camshaft Position Sensor as well. The old one was cracked and had oil seeping on it. Also had a bad pigtail plug. I replaced both. No more Code 11. Now instead I am getting a Code 43? So I replaced my wires, and reset the ECU. 12 miles later....Code 43 again. I replaced my Coil Pack, reset the ECU and again - 15 miles later Code 43 again. So then I replaced my spark plugs with stock champions, reset the ECU.....and once again............Code 43......I am also running the Mopar RaceECU but have the stock ECU as well......both computers are giving me a Code 43. The only thing that I do notice is that the new plugs as of 15 hours ago are running real Lean.......I mean almost white. So yes I am stumped.......the only thing that I can think to do next is maybe the fuel filter? I also did check for a vacuum leaks......nothing. I took it to my buddies shop and he specifically told me that the code read as cylinder number one misfire? The car also has a CraneCam #12 in it. Any and all help will be appreciatted......Thanks......

Old 03-06-2008, 10:29 PM
DOHCgarrett t3
Record Breaker
Default RE: Code 43 - Please HELP......:-(

what is your fuel pressure at? and im not exactly sure but before you go to the parts store check to see if you have a plastic or a metal tank otherwise they dont have a fuel filter for the neon it comes as one unit fuel pump and filter combined. if im wrong please correct me someone

Old 03-06-2008, 11:20 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker
Default RE: Code 43 - Please HELP......:-(

ok something to help all of you out...

Chris I hope you dont mind if I add some info to help the guys out... I will give you my thoughts when ever you get on yahoo...

This motor is a fully built highcompression motor professionally built by the lead fabricator at fidanza.... and when I say fully built I mean it...

There is well over 10000 rapped up in the motor... I really dont want to go into it if chris dont want me to...

The project really wasent compleated due to chris trading his freaking awsome bike for the neon before it was done and the builder just threw on the stock intake and exuast to get the car running...

Quick Reply: Code 43 - Please HELP......:-(