1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

I've got a LOT of work on my hands....

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 04:57 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I've got a LOT of work on my hands....

what kind of info are you looking for???

oh and can I get the vin for your car there is a data base that has been going for about 2 years trying to get as many of the nyg vins...

Old 03-21-2008, 05:18 PM
chenzo
Veteran

pm'ing momentarily. i am gonna get some pictures up of the car as it sits now, damaged, as soon as this damn snow goes away.

Old 03-21-2008, 05:30 PM
neoncrazy101
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 95to96transplantneon

nyg was more then just 95... the rarest of rare is a 95 nyg acr, only 255 or 256 made...

the 2nd rarest color is Candy Apple Red Metallic Tint witch was only avaliable in 1998 Available only on Plymouth Style, at extra cost...

3rd rarest was inferno red witch is different then the red we know for 1st gen... its the red they had for the 2nd gens...

4th rarest is the magenta (light purple)
i would beg to differ. Deep Slate Pearl should be number one. only in 98 on the Style and only like 4 were made in that color.

Old 03-21-2008, 06:29 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker

lol how many people acually know about the style though... yes its rarest of the rare... but then agian so are the styles... here were the color options for the style...

NOT AVAILABLE ON STYLE PACKAGE:
Black, Bright White, Intense Blue Pearl Coat, Bright Jade Pearl Coat, Flame Red, Strawberry Pearl Coat, Alpine Green Pearl Coat, Lapis Blue, Deep Amethyst Pearl Coat.

AVAILABLE ON ANY
Bright Platinum Metallic, Forest Green Pearl Coat

AVAILABLE ON STYLE PACKAGE ONLY
Candy Apple Red Metallic Tint (At extra cost), Champagne Pearl Coat, Deep Slate Pearl Coat, Deep Cranberry Pearl Coat.

Since I know people are going to ask "whats a style" heres the info...

For the 1998 and 1999 model years, an additional model appeared on Plymouth lots, called the Neon "Style".A variation on the Highline, and essentially the same as the 1996-variety Expresso, the Style offered many of the popular options in one package.The Style was introduced to give Plymouth dealers an exclusive package to offset the Dodge-only R/T.
The Plymouth Style was a special model, the mirror image of the Dodge R/T. It concentrated exclusively on comfort & convenience. All the power options - windows, locks, and mirrors were standard on the Style.CD changer and leather-wrapped steering wheel & shifter were included as well.
The Style got its own seats, which were the same as the normal low-bolstered "sport" but firmer than the highline seats. The seats were solid-color, lacking the Rumba "confetti". Both agate (grey) and camel (tan/grey) were available for interior colors.
While R/Ts got the DOHC, the Style was only available with the SOHC. Alloy wheels were available, but most received steel wheels with a special version of the base-model's "gear" hubcaps that had bright chrome faux lugnuts instead of black.
The Style was available only as a sedan. Other Neons during the Style's 98-99 run received black textured door handles, but the Style, R/T, & (98-99) ACR got painted door handles.
The Style appearance was set apart by its body color options. Some Neon colors were not available on the Style; some Style colors were not available on other Neons.

Old 03-21-2008, 08:17 PM
DOHCgarrett t3
Record Breaker

hmm makes me want to go out and collect these rare neons

Quick Reply: I've got a LOT of work on my hands....