View Poll Results: A poll
Rx7
0%
TIE
0%
R/T
100.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

After Reading Vote.. does he not realize what 1/4 is..

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 01:16 PM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After Reading Vote.. does he not realize what 1/4 is..

ok well my Main managers husband has a 1984 rx7 non turbo.. and he says it will eat my car alive.. so i went and looked up the stats on 0-60 and 1/4

1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE 7.8 15.9

1998 Dodge Neon R/t 7.5 15.9
and i know i dont have the R/t But im pretty sure my car is faster then one...

well i showed him the stats and he says he will still win.. and i said ok if i put someone in my car that could drive just as good as you then it would be dead even according to the 1/4 miles times and if my car was completely stock.. then he said no cuz he has higher rpms over you(he says he can take the wankel motor up to 11k) which i believe but the tack on a 91 rx7 that ive seen only went to 8or9k
but anyways is there something im missing or does he just not realize what 1/4 times are... cuz the way i look at it.. if my car was stock its a drivers race whoever the better driver is will work.. and most will say just go race him.. but i cant cuz its not running right now.. but i just want to prove him wrong and he wont listen to me...
see im not sure what the 1/4 mile is on my neon but im sure its faster then the R/t

Old 04-23-2008, 07:09 PM
jfink
Veteran
Default RE: After Reading Vote.. does he not realize what 1/4 is..

but i cant cuz its not running right now
i have to say it........................he's got you beat.

Old 04-24-2008, 02:28 AM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

i have to say it........................he's got you beat.
his car is the one not running...

Old 04-24-2008, 06:58 AM
ryleynoyes
Veteran

some people are convinced that they have a "fast" car simply cuz it's a car with a lot of potential. like my buddy has a 1978 (i think?) camaro with a 400 big block... stock is only 200 hp, no i'm not kidding, look it up if you want to, and it's a heavy *** car. a neon is supposed to run with it pretty evenly when both are stock

granted, he's got cams, diff. carbs, etc. but it's still not a REAL fast car, but good luck convincing him of that

Old 04-24-2008, 12:42 PM
DOHCgarrett t3
Record Breaker

isint the rx7 a rotary engine? it may go up to 11K rpm then <--- i was wrong on that its only 7k redline
The 1984 RX-7 G has an estimated 29 highway miles per gallon (8.11 litres per 100km) /19 estimated city miles per gallon (12.37 l/100km). According to Mazda, its rotary engine, licensed by NSU-Wankel allowed the RX-7 G to accelerate from 0 to 50 (80 km/h) in 6.3 seconds. Kelley Blue Book, in its January-February 1984 issue, noted that a 1981 RX-7 G retained 93.4% of its original sticker price.
The handling and acceleration of the car were noted to be of a high caliber for its day. This generation RX-7 had "live axle" 4-link rear suspension with Watt's linkage, a 50/50 weight ratio, and weighed under 2600 lb (1180 kg). It was the lightest generation of RX-7 ever produced. 12A-powered models accelerated from 0–60 mph in 9.2 s, and turned 0.779g (7.64 m/s²) laterally on a skidpad. The 12A engine produced 100hp (75kW) at 6000 rpm, allowing the car to reach speeds of over 120 mph (190 km/h). Because of the smoothness inherent in the Wankel rotary engine, little vibration or harshness was experienced at high rpm, so a buzzer was fitted to the tachometer to warn the driver when the 7000 rpm redline was approaching.
The 12A engine has a long thin shaped combustion chamber, there is a large surface area in relation to its volume. So combustion is cool, giving few oxides of nitrogen. However, the combustion is also incomplete, so there are large amounts of partly burned hydrocarbons and carbon monoxide. The exhaust is hot enough for combustion of these to continue into the exhaust. An engine driven pump supplies air into the exhaust to complete the burn of these chemicals. This is done in the "thermal reactor", chamber where the exhaust manifold would normally be on a conventional engine. Under certain conditions the pump injects air into the thermal reactor and at other times air is pumped through injectors into the exhaust ports. This fresh air is needed for more efficient and cleaner burning of the air/fuel mixture.
Options and models varied from country to country. The gauge layout and interior styling in the Series 3 was only changed for North American versions. Additionally, North America was the only market to have offered the first generation RX-7 with the fuel injected 13B. A turbocharged (but non-intercooled) 12A engine was available for the top-end model of Series 3 in Japan.
Sales were strong, with a total of 474,565 first generation cars produced; 377,878 were sold in the United States alone. In 2004, Sports Car International named this car #7 on its list of Top Sports Cars of the 1970s. In 1983, the RX-7 would appear on Car and Driver magazine's Ten Best list for the first time.

Old 04-24-2008, 01:19 PM
12 volt
Record Breaker

isint the rx7 a rotary engine?
yup that would be a wankel. true rotary the whole engine spins

Quick Reply: After Reading Vote.. does he not realize what 1/4 is..