1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

? on runnin seafoam

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 12:54 AM
just8420
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? on runnin seafoam

so im going to be runnin some sea foam to help clean up the top end was wondering do you guys think that it would be better to just add to the gas or sould i pull the brake booster vac lin and run it in there or both

Old 04-29-2008, 02:23 AM
Neon_Freak
Professional
Default RE: ? on runnin seafoam

1/3 in ur gas tank, 1/3 in ur oil and the restu just suck up with ur brake booster hose. all you do is start the motor and put a penny inbetween the throttle stop and the tb cam, this will make it idle around 2000 rpm... .then you take the vac line from your brake booster and lower it into the bottle sucking a little bit up untill you hear the motor start to bog down... when it does lift the tube and let it come back to idle... then let it suck some more up slowly... repeat that till the bottle is gone... then let it run for about 15 secs once you get it all in... then the most important part... turn the car off and put the hood down... let it sit for 15 mins... after 15 mins start it up and drive it for about 20 mins in normall driving no fast driving... it may smoke a bit, so you may want to use side streets...that what i would do if i was u.

Old 04-29-2008, 03:41 AM
just8420

thank you very much for that its not for the neon im using it in my 2000 chevy malibu it just hit 155,000 and has lost a lot of power on the bottom end so hopfuly this will help out

Old 04-29-2008, 03:49 AM
Neon_Freak
Professional

make sure u change ur oil too after u do that like around 50 - 150 miles after u do that. dont forget that

Old 04-29-2008, 04:36 PM
p8ntballa113
Professional

I've done it a couple times to my car. All you have to do is unplug that vacuum line while the car is on and stick it in the cup, it will suck it all in before you can blink. I usually rev the car a bit from under the hood as i stick the vacuum hose into the cup. The car will most likely die when you do it and then all you do is just wait 15 minutes and start it up. I've also put as much as 2/3 of a can of seafoam in my vacuum line and it's fine... just takes a couple minutes longer before you can start it. Here is a video if it works... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zahG6JwcH3o My mom looked out our front window and couldn't see across the street when i was done. I also think that was the first time my car had ever been seafoamed (hence the black smoke).

Quick Reply: ? on runnin seafoam