1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

turbo...fuel???

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 01:13 PM
dcmcguy
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo...fuel???

if im only running 8psi of boost do i need the rrfpr anda return line??? aslo do i need biggerinjectors and a 255lph fuel pump???

Old 05-15-2008, 01:24 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper
Default RE: turbo...fuel???

yeah, u should put all of that in if u r running no managament system (example ms) u will need bigger injectors for sure....

Old 05-15-2008, 05:35 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the stock injectors are good up to about 10psi...so you dont need bigger ones unless you plan on running more boost then that...
i would highly reccomend using a fuel regulator, return line and larger pump though...its just not safe without it

Old 05-15-2008, 07:04 PM
JackMehoffer69

I do recomend checking compression and oil pressure before you put the turbo on, my sohc was turbo'ed by the previous owner and it no longer has one on it nowand the oil pump must have been on its way out when I got the car cuz I smoked my rings now and I have lots of smoke, that is before my wife did the rest of the motor in yesterday due to less than 10psi of oil pressure.

Old 05-15-2008, 11:20 PM
dcmcguy
Veteran

ORIGINAL: spudsterier

the stock injectors are good up to about 10psi...so you dont need bigger ones unless you plan on running more boost then that...
i would highly reccomend using a fuel regulator, return line and larger pump though...its just not safe without it
but, i dont get what the fuel regulator, return line and larger pump are for because your still not controlling the injector pulse width...you need a stand alone to do that...

Old 05-16-2008, 12:01 AM
12 volt
Record Breaker

dont know if you guy use winrar but this program calculates fuel pressure for boost.

https://dodgeforum.com/m_1312625/tm.htm

Old 05-16-2008, 09:33 AM
spudsterier
Legend

ORIGINAL: dcmcguy

ORIGINAL: spudsterier

but, i dont get what the fuel regulator, return line and larger pump are for because your still not controlling the injector pulse width...you need a stand alone to do that...
the pulse is still the same, but hwen under boost everything moves alot faster....therfor the pump and all the other goodies are used to give you enough extra pressure to not max out the fuel injectors....
when you drive your car all day long you only need the 49 pounds of fuel pressure that the stock fuel pump pushes out....under 8 pounds of boost, you should run about 120 pounds of fuel pressure just so the system can keep up

Old 05-20-2008, 11:31 PM
dcmcguy
Veteran

but isnt there some way of modding the stock fpr on the tank? because the stock fuel pump puts out 130psi by just running it...

Old 05-20-2008, 11:47 PM
spudsterier
Legend

you can completely remove the stock fuel pressure regulator and do a spoolboy mod, but i would still reccomend getting a larger fuel pump

Old 05-21-2008, 11:18 AM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

i know i am second and u are all first gen, but my injectors would kick off at about 5 psi.... not ten..... after finding that out i went with a bigger injector the next week....